Tuesday 12 January 2021

Acquiring New Communication Skills

 

I am in the process of learning and growing. It takes time and patience- putting one brick at a time.

I am acquiring new skills to have great relationships.

 I speak my truth with an open heart even when other might not agree with or like what I have to say.

 I speak to myself with love and kindness.

 I am capable of contributing 50% of my part in my relationships.

 Good relationships and friendships are possible for me.

Rather than using my words as weapons, I ask myself these two questions; “What am I afraid of in this situation?” and “What is it that I want to happen now?”

I strive to get what I want and need in my relationships, so I communicate clearly to achieve that.

 People are not mind readers, so they won’t know what I need unless I state it.

I will remember that it’s okay to say no to others in order to say yes to myself.

In my communication, I take time to think my words through so that I don’t end up hurting the other person unintentionally.

Getting better at communicating is a life-long process and I’m a willing scholar.

 In my communication, I stay clear of judgments and assumptions. I avoid questions that cast blame or are preloaded with negative bias.

These are the questions I’ll ask when having a difficult conversation: 1) How are you feeling at this very moment? 2) What do you want to happen next? 3) What is it that I can do to help in this situation?

It’s O.K. for me to say no.

It’s O.K. for me to create boundaries,

It’s O.K. for me to say things others don’t want to hear.

I can speak without taking responsibility for other people’s reactions.

And I can do the above with a heart wide open.

And other people have every right to do the same.



1 comment:

  1. Always choose your self
    Always put ur self first
    Always make your self happy first
    Fill your cup firsr before you fill others deservingly so💪🔥🔥

    ReplyDelete