Monday 19 November 2012

Are you seeking a man or are you seeking God?


When I opened my eyes this morning, the first thing I wanted to do was get hold of my phone and go through that guy’s profile! The Holy Spirit asked: “Are you seeking a man, or are you seeking God?” That’s when I knew I had to change my perspective! Going to his profile first thing when I wake up did have a potential of ruining my entire day you know! I could find myself stalking and hating on people unnecessarily! “The first thing you think of when you wake up will determine your mood during the day!” That is why we have to strive to think about Jesus and God’s promises! It is so sad how we open our hearts to people we don’t know and get so easily attached; we complicate our lives when Jesus simplifies it! Right then I made a decision: From today on, I will not cling on to any man but Jesus! I have learned to never ever see any man as a potential husband or allow any man too close in my heart because it could go so deep that it would take forever to get out of the mess I put mself into! It took me staying away from food for seven days!!!

I knelt down besides my bed and cried out to God, “Lord love me! Love me right now! Please take care of my heart! Whatever I need to be filled please fill me with it!” (Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled! Matthew 5:6)! I finally came to an understanding, getting a man doesn’t matter anymore, the great sex I’m anticipating,  all that don’t matter anymore all that matters is being hungry to do what God requires! Building a relationship with King Jesus is all that matters and living my life as a fully single Christian woman who’s on fire for God! My prayers switched from being loud to silent meaningful deep cries of agony! (Like as a woman with child, that draweth near the time of her delivery, is in pain, and crieth out in her pangs; so have we been in thy sight, O Lord! Isa.26;17)! Lord, how do I live a life that pleases you while I’m single? How do I make certain that I don’t fall into the small traps the devil has set for me!? My prayers shifted from praise and worship to sincere requests! “Lord, I need you! I am not seeking a man; I am seeking your will for my life!” Do not be consumed by the desires of wanting a mate but rather be consumed by God’s Word! I spent most of my day in intense prayer and studying the Word and whenever I went anywhere, I kept reminding myself that I have the presence of God and I should never for a single moment forget that! That thing that is not in God’s will, doesn’t concern me anymore, it’s all about Jesus! 

Later during the day, the Holy Spirit led me to pray non-stop for about two hours in the Holy Ghost! During my prayer I had two vivid visions, which one of them I chose not to share with you guys! But the other one was hand holding a ring on its palm! God clearly told me that a prince awaits me! I shouldn’t bother myself about such things at my age because there’s so much more to work on before I can unite myself with another human being! A prince awaits you and he will find you at the right time, you don’t have to force your plans or do anything to grab a man’s attention! This was a really awesome revelation because I’ve heard it before from people but I needed to hear it personally from God! (Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not. Jeremiah 33:3)! It’s really comforting to know that when I pray God listens and He actually speaks back! Some Christians don’t experience this because they refuse to press in, they want to continue sinning, they don’t want to fast, they don’t want to spend hours in prayer, they don’t want to obey when God wakes them up at night, they just don’t want to experience God in a way nobody has ever seen Him before! (Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. Math.5:8)!
Make a decision today, Jesus is enough for you! The cross is enough for you today, right now, tomorrow, next year, all the days of your life! You don’t need to be in a relationship in order for you to be fulfilled, now I understand it’s not imperative for God to give me a man, it’s just a cherry on top!

No comments:

Post a Comment