Saturday 15 February 2014

A Brief Reflection on My 22 Month's Journey With Jesus

Sitting in the stillness of the night reflecting on my journey with Christ. Today marks 22 months of God's grace and mercy towards me. When I gave my life to Jesus 22 months ago, I thought my salvation was based on my good works. I tried so hard to please God with my righteous works, but that didn't impress Him at all. After months of being so self-righteous, there was a time when I fell into sin, and after that, I found myself constantly falling and falling, day after day. I couldn't help but think to myself, "O wretched man that I am! Who can possibly deliver me from this sin!!!"

Like in the past, I thought I should give up on this journey, "clearly it wasn't meant for me." I found myself being so restless in God's will. One day after several attempts trying to defeat sin, with no energy left, I helplessly said, "I have done it all!!! I don't know what You want me to do anymore. I have fasted, I have prayed, I have recited scripture, I have disciplined my mind! What more can I do to overcome sin!!?" A voice within me said, "rest". Rest for the remains  a place of rest for the people of God.

 Yield your weaknesses to Him because that's when His strength is made perfect. Stop comparing your journey to other Christians. Stop trying so hard to prove your spirituality. Stop trying to take matters in your hands. Just yield! God's love is not based on my performance. I learned that as much as He hates unrighteousness, He hates self-righteousness the same too.  He extends mercy and answers prayers based on His performance not on ours!

 I've had bad days, but God still loves me. Who I am is not defined by my past circumstances and what I've done is not who I am. I am a human being not a human doing, made in God's image and called to His likeness.

 "There remaineth therefore a place of rest for the people of God". We cease from our works and let Jesus take the wheel! In that way we can come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need! God is not finished with you yet. Sometimes people will look at you and think you're mad, or they won't even consider your presence because you're not "cool". Some will think that you're making yourself better, but that's their problem.

 If God has chosen you for this life, He will carry you through, As the scripture says, "Many are called, but few are chosen."

Never forget where God took you from, never let go off His hand. Don't let the immediate gratification of sin hinder your fellowship with the Lord. If your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off. Fellowship with other Christians who celebrate you,  not people who remind you of your past!

Life with Jesus is a wonderful journey, and I'm personally looking forward to growing old with Him, till I stand before Him one day and say, " I have fought the good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith!!!!"

Many of us had a rough life, but we can't use that as an excuse to continue living in sin and misery. That's why Paul said, "wretched man that I am, who will deliver me from this body of death! I thank God through Jesus Christ my Lord!" Jesus has made a way for you. He became the ultimate victim so that you can be a victor! When you accept the Lord Jesus in your heart He will not only save you from your sin, but He will give you abundant life, this is a true story!

Thank You Jesus for the joy you have brought into my life!



"Jesus! the name that charms our fears,
That bids our sorrows cease;
’Tis music in the sinner’s ears,
’Tis life, and health, and peace."




No comments:

Post a Comment