Sunday 3 June 2012

Be a shining light for Jesus!


I went through the whole of last year experiencing God's amazing love! Earlier this year He explained to me that "I now know about His love but it's time now to move to the next level!" See, last year I understood that even if I commit sin, God still loves me! When  people around me mistreated me, God still loved me! When I don’t have friends around me, God is my best friend and he sticks closer than a brother!

When I started my blog about three months ago, I did not really know what it was going to be all about! I could have written about gym, family, beauty, biology or any other thing that I’m passionate about, but God took me back to the most fundamental knowledge of life, and that is Jesus! To know him, to love him, to understand Him and to live in his awesome power each day! I knew that I could write, but I did not know how far it would go! I've tried writing a couple of times in the past and failed and this is what makes everything different, this time I was called by God! He promised to equip me with wisdom, strength and power to fulfill His work!

The heading of my blog says, “My everyday life with Jesus shows just how powerfully God works in my life! He cares about every detail whether small or big and I want to give him the glory by sharing my stories with the world!”  At that time I had not experienced the “power” that I was talking about! It all took faith and obedience! God called me at a time where I was not really ready.  When He said I must speak against fornication and drunkenness, I thought He was just expecting me to push a mountain! I still wanted to drink alcohol, I still wanted my boyfriend!  I thought it was impossible! How can God possibly want to take somebody like me to speak against such things when I'm actively involved in them? But see, when God takes you out and you obey Him, He will equip you with the necessary tools and his grace will be sufficient for you! All that is required from you is faith in Him and believe that even if you do not understand now, He will lead you in his goodness! God cannot give you anything that you cannot bear!

 Hebrews 12 from verse 5 says, “My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you,because the Lord disciplines the one he loves,and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son. Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children. For what children are not disciplined by their father? If you are not disciplined—and everyone undergoes discipline —then you are not legitimate, not true sons and daughters at all. Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of spirits and live!  They disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, in order that we may share in his holiness.  No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.”

Starting my blog was also at the time when I re-dedicated my life to Jesus, a time I had had enough of the the pain of this world. It took God’s discipline to be where I am today and it is through His discipline and my faith, that He is now using me as a writer to reach out to others out there! It is when we are heartbroken that we discover our talents and God  utilizes them to the glory of his name!

You might be sitting there thinking that you are hopeless, thinking that you have messed up so much that God can’t turn your life around! You might be scared or worried about what people are going to say about you, but don’t! If God takes you out, He will remove your shame and guilt! Is there anything too hard for God??

You are never too sinful to experience God’s mighty power in your life! You are never too old or too young! It is not too late, as long as you're still breathing there is hope!

Loving Jesus, thank you so much that you came and turned my life around! I lay my life, my fears, my weaknesses right before you and I ask that you strengthen me each day as I use my talents to win souls for your kingdom! Thank you for loving me so much and showing me the way when I was lost! I love you King Jesus! Amen!




No comments:

Post a Comment