Wednesday 2 January 2013

My New Year's Eve!



Everybody gets excited on New Year’s Eve! Braais, parties, alcohol and couples are always look forward to crossing over to the New Year in each other’s arms! Well, I was also looking forward to cross over into the New Year with my bridegroom Jesus! Like a young girl in love I was excitedly getting ready for church in the evening! Me? Church in Mafikeng? That’s a first! Yes, when I’m in Mafikeng I don’t go to church, I am not comfortable with religion! I am not comfortable going to a church where the leaders sleep with the congregation, where ancestral worship is allowed, where I am not allowed to freely praise my God! I cannot go to a church that doesn’t not believe in praying of tongues, casting out devils or laying of hands on the sick! I don’t go to a church that expects me to dress, act or speak a certain way to prove my holiness! I’d rather sit at home on a Sunday morning and dig in the scriptures, than go to such a church and come back and criticize it! After all, everybody has their own revelation and once you have your own revelation, it can be quite hard to be convinced otherwise! But anyway, that’s a story for another day! Let me rather tell you how I now found myself getting ready for a church service when I don’t even go to church in Mafikeng! 

On the morning of New Years Eve, I woke up with a strong urge to go to town and tell somebody about Jesus! There was really no need for me to go to town because I normally just stand in front of my house and approach people passing by! It’s okay, I had transport money so I packed a coupe of clothes in a plastic bag! I just find it easier to present something before you can start preaching to a stranger! Went to town, did what I had to do, and obviously got in a taxi back home! Sitting next to me was a man in formal clothes and the Holy Spirit said to me, “He is a pastor!” I just ignored that and through the window, looked at the environment outside the taxi! When the taxi was approaching the point where this man was getting off, which apparently was where I was getting off too, he shouted, “stop sign!” Just by hearing his voice the Holy Spirit said again, “He is a pastor!” We got off and I unintentionally walked behind him because I just thought it was one of those random thoughts I have! There was a girl who was coming opposite our direction and I don’t know what this man said to her but loudly she said, “No pastor, I cannot go to church looking like this!” I walked up to him and said, “I knew that you are a pastor!” Intrigued he asked, “How? How did you know?” I said, “I don’t know how I know, but I know! The Holy Spirit told me!” He invited me to the New Year’s celebration service at his church later on that evening! I was so excited because my plan was just to stay at home and pray through the New Year! (…one chases a thousand, and two put ten thousand to flight..! Deuteronomy 32:30).

I went to church in the evening and met the pastor’s wife and several other people involved in the ministry, and oh, I had the greatest time in my entire life! I danced, I jumped, I praised, I worshiped, and my sweet spirit was just so comfortable in that place! The excitement that I had earlier was not in vain, I was fulfilled! God will bring the right people in your life and you won’t need to fear! It’s impossible to be deceived by false prophets and evil people who claim to be Christ’s messengers when you are filled with the Holy Spirit! God will direct you to the right people, to the right church that you need for your spiritual growth! (And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, this is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left. Isaiah 30:21). When midnight struck, with the right people, I stepped into the New Year victoriously! With our lips we forsook our past and boldy declared that in 2013, God is on our side! (Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee. Isaiah 60:1). With tears of joy and shouts of victory I proclaimed that this year I am a leader, a commander, a shinning and much more in my generation! There is no place I would have rather been!! No braai, no alcohol, no mans arms could have recompensed this divine appointment I had with the Man who created my 2013!

That's me at church waiting for the service to begin!


My spirit has found a home in Mafikeng and I am so honored to be part of the Faith Army Ministries! I’m so humbled to be associated with such important, anointed servants of God! Thank You Jesus!  I will respect and love the man of God and his wife wholeheartedly! I will serve and give in the house selflessly because I know God brought me to them! They need me, I need them, and we need each other to build the kingdom of God in Mafikeng! ( This is the Lord's doing; it is marvelous in our eyes. Psalm 118:23).

I am so looking forward to developing my gifts and talents in this house! I am looking forward to meeting and spending time with my brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus our Lord! God is so good and I am really looking forward to step into the open doors that no man can shut this year! You could also get excited if you choose to walk out of a church door at 5am in the morning instead of walking out of a club or a strange man’s bed! There’s so much more to you than walking into the New Year drunk and feeling worthless when it’s all said and done! Make use of this New Year to know your worth and live like a princess! (Shake thyself from the dust; arise, and sit down! Isaiah 52:2) Sit down in place of royalty and let go off everything that went wrong in the past! Blessings!! Oh by the way, do find yourself a church where you can grow, it’s impossible to grow if you do not fellowship with other believers! 

This is me, pastor Tempo and his wife! We took the picture at the end of the service (5am) so you can imagine how tired we were!



No comments:

Post a Comment