Wednesday 1 August 2012

Find Your Identity In Christ!


My mother is such a dreamer! She believes that God has gifted her with the gift of dreams and her dreams actually determine her destiny! One morning she called me with so much excitement telling me how powerful I am! In her dream, something was trying to destroy her and I was powerfully praying for her until that thing disappeared! Two days ago just after getting my breakthrough from a tough week  she calls me again feeling defeated telling me how she saw me in her dreaming falling so hard and didn’t want to get up when she tried pulling me up! Basically what she’s saying is that, I must have committed a terrible sin and now I am no longer as powerful as I was!  And all this was revealed to her by “God.” I personally believe that if that dream came from God, He would have revealed it to her the previous week when I was facing hardships in order for her to start praying for me! Not when I’m all excited and feeling God’s joy again! 

During the holidays my sister and I took money from my mother’s account without her permission! I took it because I could not find my purse that contained my money which helped me go to the internet cafĂ© to post on my blog, and my book which I draft in! I knew that my sister would not take them; my dad would never bother, so it could only be my mum! I’m still not certain if she was the one who took them because she denied it when I asked but after a few days I found my bag right at the edge of my bed and trust me, I had previously  looked thoroughly under there! My mother becomes so paranoid that she is all I write about on my blog and she ends up hiding my stuff! But, it is not her!!! The devil hates it when people expose his deeds and he will do all that it takes to fight you!  Ephesians 5:11-13 says, “Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.  It is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. But everything exposed by the light becomes visible—and everything that is illuminated becomes a light.” When my mother found out that we took her money, she did not say anything to my sister but right in front of her she said to me, “You call yourself a Christian but you are a thief! The bible warned us against such people like you! You are a hypocrite! You should just close your bible and stop praying! You’ve got a strong demon! Go back to drinking alcohol! Yes, I know that you were craving alcohol at your aunt’s party!” I just sat there thinking, if she hadn’t taken my book…how would she have known all this?”  I asked her, “Since I’ve got a strong demon, why don’t you pray for me then?”  And she said, “No, your demon is so strong that you need a strong person like TD Jakes to pray for you! I knew right then that this was not my mother I was dealing with so I said to her, “Mama, you don’t love me! If you loved me you would not say such things to me! I believe that God has placed love for me in your heart, and I would like to experience that love as your first born daughter!” Before all this my mother always praised me and told me how powerful my prayers are! She always wanted to chat through the nights and desired to know more about what I had to say about Jesus!  All I am trying to insinuate is that people are easily moved by what they see or how they feel! Dreams, people’s opinions, life’s circumstances-all these easily influences other Christians faith! Such Christians do not know their identity; they do not understand this Jesus whom they claim to follow!  Today they believe in God’s Word, tomorrow when things go wrong they run to a sangoma or a witch doctor! They are so unstable in their walk that they would rather believe what zodiac signs say about their future rather than the Word of God! The next they buy a book that interprets their gift of dreams and the first thing they do in the morning is run to the book instead of running to the Word of God! If God speaks to you in a dream, it has to correlate with His Word! Other than that, it does not come from God and you should rebuke such! I got fed up after receiving my mum’s call and said, “Devil, you gotta listen to me today! I come in the authority of Jesus and I command you right now to stop planting lies in my mother’s dreams!” And now I wait patiently for my mother’s testimony! 

Nothing will ever give you as much assurance as God’s Word! Take horoscopes for an example: Today they tell you that you will find love, tomorrow they tell you that you will be dumped! But the Word of God says in Isaiah40:8, “The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever!!”
Root yourself in God’s Word and no circumstance of life will shake you! Having a painting of “Jesus” on your wall will not help you overcome! Putting your bible under your pillow and not reading it will not help you overcome! Lighting as many candles as you want when you go to bed will never help you overcome! Wearing jewellery with a cross will not help you overcome, you need to be firmly rooted in God’s Word and this only happens when you find your identity in Him! Otherwise you will be easily swayed away but what everybody or anything else says about your life! 

The other day a friend of mine who is still doubtful of God’s existence said to me, “Tissy, I think we should try being gothic! My immediate yet calm response was, “No thank you! I am content with where I am!” People who have not yet discovered their identity are never fulfilled! They are always seeking something to fulfil their void lives!  They are unstable in their religions; Christians are unstable in their faith! Having only one partner for a certain man is not enough! Women want more clothes, weaves and other materialistic things to satisfy them, to reveal their identity, to reveal their purpose! When I found Jesus I found myself and I discovered that all these things do not matter! I have found who I am in Jesus-my identity! And nothing in this world will by no means shake  me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment