Friday 7 December 2012

Trusting God in your trial!


Two weeks back I checked my exam results and found out that I did not do too well in two modules that are a requirement for the career God wants me to pursue! One I had failed and the other I had a supplementary exam! This was really confusing because I thought that I studied hard enough! The exams were not really hard, I thought I will pass them, to my surprise I didn’t, and this was one of the reasons I went on the seven day fast! I was at a point where I was fed up, always being the girl who fails or who struggles in my studies! Going through life with a mentality that “I’m just an average student” did manifest, and I was not really much surprised when my peers always did better than me in tests and assignments! But when Jesus comes in your life, it is impossible to accept mediocrity! It is impossible to accept that it’s okay to fail a subject twice before getting it right! It is impossible to live in failure, if you fail then you have missed God! Perhaps you need to check if you are on the right career path? In Him there is no failure, God doesn’t want to see you fail! Choosing a study field for a was one of the hardest decisions in my life! It took me…how old am I now…(counts), it took me well, four years out of high school to finally know which career I want to take! There comes a point where one needs Jesus, where you really can’t see a way out, where obtaining a degree seems impossible! That was a point when I took some time out to fast and said, “Jesus, you came that I may have life abundantly, I am sure my studies are included?”  (In thee, O Lord, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion. Psalm 71:1)

I was not really happy with the fact that I had failed that module! For some reason, I believed God for a miracle! I remember I was with my ladies one Saturday afternoon and asked them if they could pray for me for my mark to change! They laughed saying the time to pray has passed, the time to pray was before writing the examination! I just rubbed it off not to look silly but I knew that God could really do something! I left that for a while, trusting God to show me the way and just enlighten me about my studies while I fasted. That was also the time when I was studying for the other module which I got a re-assessment in! I went on campus every day and saw how happy my classmates were, telling me that they have passed and did not get any re-assessments!  I wished I was them! Why do I have to struggle all the time! Why couldn’t I just get that one mark to get my pass mark!!! Jesus was taking me through a process and teaching me a critical lesson! 

I thought this would be a good illustration for showing that you wont drown in the waters lol

(When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. Isaiah 43:2)

Giving up to me was a norm! If I struggled in something I was very quick to give up! For instance if I failed in one test, I’d have no hope for the other! And when the results were out, I wouldn’t be surprised because that was what I was expecting! We hear it all the time, what you hope for and expect, is what you will get! When I got a re-assessment, I wanted to give up, but the Holy Spirit wouldn’t let me! (Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth…John 16:13). The Holy Spirit was changing my thinking process and showing me the right things to do in the midst of circumstances beyond my control! As I kept wishing that I was some of my classmates the Holy Spirit was telling me that I am ME, and can never be anyone else! I am going through what I am going through for a reason and a purpose, my character is being built for my specific calling! You might think that others have it easy in life, but they also have other things that they are dealing with! And the nice thing about walking in God’s plan, He makes everything happens for a reason! (And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28)

I remembered the text I sent my friend on BBM! “I am actually aiming for a pass! I trust my God to make a way where there seems to be no way! And even though I don’t pass, He is still God and I will continue worshipping and loving Him!” During my fast, because I had no food to comfort me and no man to share my feelings with, I totally depended on God! I began to trust God and have so much faith in Him even during this time! I began to love Him and worship Him more! I began to put away my problems on the side and focus really on who God is and what He can do! This produced so much peace within me! (Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Isaiah 26:3). I walked to campus to study every day, stopped wishing that I was somebody else, and accepted the situation I was in! I’m so used to failure that I felt like I was somehow wasting my time, that I should just give up and stop all this! One evening I asked God, “Daddy do you think I’ll make it? Do you think I’ll pass?” He answered, “You have set yourself a study time table, follow it!” That was when i started declaring that I will pass, that nothing is too hard for me! Whatever I put my hands to will prosper!

See, I brought this on myself! Throughout the semester I wasn’t putting much effort in my studies all in the name of Jesus! The Holy Spirit was showing me, yes, you have to love the Lord and put Him first before everything else, but remember, you are also a student! If you spend time with God yet spend too little time in your studies, don’t expect a miracle! If you don’t study, you will fail!  If you are a Christian who sleeps around and think that you won’t bear the consequences just like everybody else, forget it! If you are a Christian who smokes, don’t expect a miracle to prevent you from acquiring lung cancer! If you are a person who eats a lot of junk food, don’t expect a miracle to lose weight without putting any effort! Things don’t come easy in life, you have to work for them and being a born again believer puts you at a much greater advantage because as you work towards your destiny you have the supernatural strength of God taking you step to step! (Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint! Isaiah 40:30-31)!

Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.

On the 15th of November, my seven month anniversary with King Jesus, I got a call from my faculty! What an awesome present for me! When I answered the guy was telling me that they were changing the mark of the other module which I had failed to a re-assessment! So it was no longer a fail, I could go and write the re-assess, so basically I had two re-assessments to study for! Yes, it was not a pass, but it was a second opportunity to do things right! God is a God of second chances! When I asked my ladies in Christ on that Saturday afternoon, if they could help me pray for the numbers to change they thought I had gone crazy! When I told one of them that my mark had changed she confessed that she wanted to laugh at what I was saying but God changes things for His children who have faith!  Do you understand that God works things in your favour just because you love Him? (Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 1Corinthians 2:9)! It is impossible to fail if you believe in God! You don’t only believe him for a sunrise that you surely know will come, you don’t believe Him for the food that you know is in the fridge, you believe Him for the supernatural! You believe that He will make something out of nothing! You believe that He will send down manna every day from heaven! You believe that He will send quail for you! You believe that He will pour out gushing water from a rock! Christian, you have to start believing the God of the supernatural! 

You will go through trials, and some might be severe, but remember God is with you every step of the way! He literally has not left you nor forsaken you! I wrote my two exams and I checked my results…and yep, I’ve passed one and the results for the other one are not out yet! But I type this with so much confidence: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  I can face any situation through Christ; I am not overwhelmed by any storm or trial! If you are a born again student, study something that God wants you to study! God placed it in you and He will prosper you in your field of study! Your parents might be scared and think that you won’t make enough money or you’ll be poor, but God will make a way for you! What do you like doing, what is your passion? We have doctors, but not everybody can be a doctor! We have engineers, but not everyone can be an engineer? What were you created to be? I know God has a plan for my life but I know that He has also made me a biologist, because when I study biology, I feel His pleasure, I feel like I am worshipping Him! Do something that you are passionate about and you won’t have to always fail and repeat the same module all your life! If your parents disagree, remember you are not living for them but living for God and your goal should be to do His will!You want to be a somebody in life? Work hard with whatever you have! Jesus will take you through it all!

20 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for this I am going through a similar situation. This is very inspiring and comforting to me. Thank you so much for sharing your experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi there. Great to hear that are comforted by this. It is God who wills and who works His good pleasure in your life

      Delete
    2. This has encouraged me to pray and trust God for an examination I wrote and was sure I would get an A but I got a B and it affected my CGPA. God will change things...I believe.

      Delete
  2. Such a powerful testimony. Praise God🙌🏿

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pray for me that something like this happens. I am really at wits end. N i feel like i am losing my faith. Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi there! Praying for you. Keep pushing though! God rewards hard work and faith!!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this testimony. I am not pleased with my exam results and I know that I wrote very well. Jesus was with me throughout the exams, I am now praying for a change in my results, much God is faithful and He will surely answer my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this testimony. I am not pleased with my exam results and I know that I wrote very well. Jesus was with me throughout the exams, I am now praying for a change in my results, much God is faithful and He will surely answer my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow amazing!!! God keep blessing you

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going through the exact same thing. I'm putting my trust in God for a miracle! I'm getting a supp instead of a fail, in Jesus's name.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the testimony.i failed 2 course as a med student. I didn't know what to do but I prayed and study the word. I was feeling down because I felt like time's running out before I get kicked out of the university since I didn't tell my parents about my results. Then I found this testimony, it was nice and really lifted me. Thank you, there's still hope for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the testimony.i failed 2 course as a med student. I didn't know what to do but I prayed and study the word. I was feeling down because I felt like time's running out before I get kicked out of the university since I didn't tell my parents about my results. Then I found this testimony, it was nice and really lifted me. Thank you, there's still hope for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tomorrow will be marvellous

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tomorrow will be marvellous

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you very much for this I am going through a similar situation. This is very inspiring and comforting to me. Thank you so much for sharing your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Faithful is he who has called you

    ReplyDelete