Saturday 13 October 2012

How serious are you with God?


Yesterday I felt like I was pretty close to losing the battle! I won’t go into much detail because you already know my struggles! I felt like I was on the edge of a cliff and was about to fall over, but fortunately God remained faithful to His Word! When I recommitted my life to Him earlier this year, with uncertainty and doubt that I could stay faithful, He commanded me to be strong and confident because He is with me wherever I go! “To the faithful you show yourself faithful,  to the blameless you show yourself blameless, to the pure you show yourself pure” (Psalm 18:25-26) Sexual temptations are inevitable! And whoever tells you that this road is all milk and honey will be lying to you! I spend many times flushed with tears on my face because I don’t feel like I can get any stronger! I ask God: if I am feeling this way and it’s been such a short time, how will I be feeling three years from now! The more I expose the devil and his immorality, the more God gives him the permission to tempt me! He watches from afar, checks how you handle the temptation and expects you to pull through because He will not give you more than you can bear! He looks forward to elavate you to the next level!  This is where the hard part comes in! You are tempted to the maximum core, and giving in doesn’t seem like it’s going to hurt anybody, but you have to choose not to give in! We fall into temptation because we chose to; we want to, a part of us still desires to please the flesh! You are not too weak for any kind of temptation; Jesus has given you the victory! 

In revelation 2:10 Jesus says, “…Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.” When I chose not to give in into the burning desire to please my flesh, I felt tremendous power during my prayer! The kind of power I have never experienced before! I could feel that God was proud of me for passing this test and He revealed certain things to me that a lot of Christians can’t grasp! It takes an obedient and faithful person to be in partnership with God! Many Christians think that they understand how all this works! They think that they can walk right into sin, and go back and claim a promise from God! “Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life!” God says in Isaiah 55:5, “Surely you will summon nations you know not, and nations you do not know will come running to you, because of the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, for he has endowed you with splendour.” This scripture is talking directly to somebody who wants to be in partnership with God! How can you rule nations if you cannot prove yourself faithful to God with the slightest temptation! You see a girl wearing a mini skirt and already you rush to your room to masturbate! Somebody offers you a bottle of whiskey, and already you can’t wait to feel it going down your throat! Do you have a backbone? God gives nations to people who have back bones! “Oh, I’m just a man, I’ve got a lot of testosterone, and it’s too much! I need to release!” Five years down the line, “Oh, I’m just a man, I’ve got a lot of testosterone, and it’s too much! I need to release!” Nothing has changed in your condition! Still living under the same circumstances! How long do you want to be fed milk before you eat solid food? How long are you going to crawl like a baby before you step like a giant? How long are you going to behave like a chicken in the den before you soar up high with the eagles!!? 

See, not many Christians understand this because it takes someone with supernatural faith to be in partnership with God!  It takes someone with strong faith to say: God I am going to pray today and I believe that you will give me the gift of tongues because you promised it to all believers! It takes somebody with supernatural faith to say: God I know that the doctors say that this HIV cannot be cured but I believe that you will heal me because the bible says by your stripes I am healed! A lot of Christians don’t experience the power of God because they are too playful! They have grown accustomed to the fact that they can sin today and ask for forgiveness tomorrow! God can’t stand intentional sin! The wages of sin is death!! Somebody has to die! That’s why people are dying of AIDs! That’s why young people are dying before their grandmothers in accidents! That’s why people commit suicide! The wages of sin is death! Don’t you wonder why we have fewer pastors who produce fruit that lasts forever? People gossip about such pastors because they can’t stand the glory in them! My sister and her friends ganged up on me the other day telling me about how Pastor At is such a money making scheme, he’s just in business! How he is so wrong and is after people’s money! How he has a jet plane while there’s so many people suffering! Well, pastor AT, stood the test of time! He has a jet plane because obeyed God even in the darkest days, from temptation to temptation, trial to trial! He proved himself faithful to God when nobody else was up for it and God partnered with him and this is the same for all the other Christians who have the best in life! They have partnership with a mighty God who owns all riches in heaven and on earth! And it was not easy! “Those who sow with tears will reap with songs of joy.” (Psalm 126:5)

One weekend my housemates had a braai with a couple of their friends! I decided to join them since I had nothing to do! All that time they were persuading me to just have a sip on the vodka they were drinking! Don’t you think I was tempted? One of their friends with a deep voice was making moves on me; you know how horny and pathetic guys get when they drink alcohol! Right there in my mind was a picture of us kissing and getting all wild! I face these temptations, but I decided to go back to my room before I could give in! If you entertain lust then you are dancing on a cliff! Everything that leads to hell does look good that is why many are called but few are chosen! You have to be strong to the end and God will give you nations for your inheritance! A simple 22 year old girl like me will be able to stand up in front of  and command a 40 year old powerful, business man, just because I stood the test of time! “You have made me the head of many nations! People I don’t know will serve me! As soon as they hear of me they obey me! Foreigners submit unto me!” (Psalm 118:42-44) 

Many people don’t know this truth because they don’t want to open themselves to the mysteries God wants to reveal to His business partners and friends in this world! Take your journey seriously and avoid sin at any cost! You will see then what Jesus meant in Revelation 2:26, “…To the one who is victorious and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations!”

"Your success comes as a result of you being tuned in to the presence of Jesus in your life."~Joseph Prince



No comments:

Post a Comment