Thursday 16 August 2012

Life on Another Level!


This month has been quite tough! Now if you don’t know, I rededicated my life to Jesus on the 15th of April so the 15th of each month states a new beginning for me! I have a different calendar of my own! Usually around this time, I am filled with so much excitement and expectation of what God has in store for the “new month”! As I mentioned, the previous month was difficult for me especially in my finances! My mum has been jobless for the five past months or so, so she couldn’t send us the usual ample of money she used to send! So I found myself going through most of the month with not much to eat and not much to do! As frustrating as it seemed and getting endless calls and cries from my mum for prayers, I just refused to request a job for my mum but rather allow the will of God to be done! I told her several times that I won’t pray for a job but pray for the will of God to be done because I believe that God loves her so much to put her at a place where He wants her to be! This past five months has been revitalizing in a way for my mommy, because she has now set goals and is filled with more determination and zeal! I believe that she has also learnt to put her trust and hope in God alone and nothing else! Praise God she has found another job and will be resuming work soon! Hallelujah!

The beginning of last month which is the 15th for me of course, I set myself a fasting goal! It was a month of intense fasting and hectic prayer! I was determined, but would I have carried out the objective had I had money in the bank? I don’t know but somehow Gods will for me intervened and I went through most days with an empty stomach! At times I’d feel weak, weary and discouraged, but I made it through by the help of the sweet Holy Spirit! 

A guest speaker from Australia in my church CRC, preached about a certain scripture which captured me! I forgot to jot it down but this is more or less of what the story was like: The Israelites were in the wilderness/desert tired, weary, thirsty and hungry! As tired as they were God asked them to dig ditches and then water will come out of those ditches for them to drink! They probably complained for a while but saw that complaining was not taking them anywhere so they had to dig ditches! Can imagine them transpiring, sweat covering their faces and heat scorching their dry faces but they continued digging, remembering Gods promise! This past month I developed the same kind of attitude-an attitude of perseverance and faith in God! I did not have the best of everything, I did not have much money but with a hungry tummy and the little that I had, I pressed on to set time aside and worship God! I’m at a place where I’m getting to understand who God really is! A God who gave the Israelites manna from heaven, the God who provided them with water when they were thirsty! A God who changes caterpillars into butterflies! A God who counts the stars and knows the number of hair on my head! The God of Abraham? A God who does not change! Hebrews 13:8 says, “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.”

I dig deep ditches because I am expecting great waters! Spend ample of time reading your bible because God has mysteries to reveal! Spend time in prayer because God wants to shape and mould you! When I was tired and feeling weak, when my studies became a bit too difficult, when my leadership was a challenge, I declared that every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord! My feelings will bow! My body will bow! My thoughts and mind will bow! My studies will bow! My circumstances and situations will bow! No problem or difficulty will exalt itself above the Lord Jesus Christ in my life! This is an attitude God requires us to have as believers because the same kind of attitude you have towards Him, it’s the same kind of attitude you will receive back! Psalm 18:25-27 says, “To the faithful you show yourself faithful, to the blameless you show yourself blameless, to the pure you show yourself pure,
  but to the devious you show yourself shrewd. You save the humble but bring low those whose eyes are haughty.”

Every day is a great day because I am building a foundation with God’s word! Do not be moved by the petty things around you! As you grow more in the Lord, you will face challenges, come on, do you think the devil is happy? He will fight you but God promises to keep you safe! Fight the good fight of faith and always expect greater things from God! God was not shy when He asked you to tithe in Malachi chapter 3, so do not be shy to ask Him for an outpouring of abundance and blessings in every area of your life! Never for a moment think that you deserve an average life, never think that you deserve the problems facing you, you were meant to fight! Your challenges are training you to fight the good fight! There is a reward waiting for you and I say keep your eyes on that reward! Don’t just live a life accepting everything that comes your way, saying that you don’t want to follow God for a reward but just to live…I am telling you today to keep your eyes on the reward and your faith will be steadfast! Why just live a life with no expectation anyway? Why say that you live for Jesus but not expectant of what He is going to do for you! John 14:12 says, “Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.” Start believing God for greater works my friend! Start digging greater ditches in expectancy of great waters to flow in your life, in your family, in your studies/job, relationships and etc.!

It hasn’t been easy, but life has become bearable as I soak myself in God’s sweet promises! Some trust in chariots and some in horses; but I will remember the name of my Lord! I remembered a story in the bible when Peter and John went to pray at the synagogue! On the way they came across a man who was crippled and couldn’t walk or do anything! When he saw them passing by he asked them for money but they replied, “We don’t have any money, but we have something more valuable than money! In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk!” The man stood up dancing, jumping and praising God! So all I’m saying is even though you don’t have much at the moment, you have the authority to command the potential in you to rise up! Command the talents, gifts, ability, fruits of the spirit to rise up in you! What is in you is worth more than silver and gold and as you dig great ditches, God is digging out the precious jewels in you! Keep the faith! 

For you, God, tested us;you refined us like silver.
  You brought us into prison
and laid burdens on our backs.
You let people ride over our heads;

    we went through fire and water, but you brought us to a place of abundance.
Psalm 66:10-12

2 comments:

  1. Wow....this is life on another level...Thank you for this message and encouragement...Thank you very much...God is truly awesome and using you to touch many. I will continue to pray your strength in the Lord. you are definitely an inspiration to Christians everywhere...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much brother! I'm at a point where I need lots of prayers and support! Thanks a lot! Will pray for you too!

    ReplyDelete