Wednesday 8 August 2012

Choose A Life that Pleases God!


On my previous post I addressed the issue of Christians judging others! On this post I will however address the issue of Christians who use the term “do not judge” as a passport to live a disgraceful sinful lifestyle!      Throughout my life as a Christian I’ve had my high and low moments! In terms of my position with Christ! One period I would strive to please God, the next I would try to please people and then the next I just wouldn’t care! It is my life after all! There was a point in my life when I was totally blinded by the devil! I thought that my freedom in Christ meant that I could openly sin! I had my days though, those days when I knew that this life certainly is not pleasing to God! Was I really carrying Jesus in me or was it the devil in disguise? On Sundays I’m in church on the front row dancing and worshiping yet on Saturdays I’m on somebody’s bed fornicating! (The devil’s got to be exposed because so many Christians fall in this trap) On Saturday nights I’m with my friends getting drunk yet the next day they find me listening to gospel music and reading my bible! The same friends that I tell about Jesus are the same friends I am with whenever I do things that do not please God! Do I really expect them not to judge me? Do I really expect the devil not to mock me through them? What the devil does is convince you that you are on the right path even though you still practise a sinful lifestyle! He then allows other people’s judgment to hurt you and discourage you! Eventually you are completely discouraged from going to church, reading your bible and telling others about Christ! The devil would rather have you not even holding your bible at all even when you sin! He knows that as soon as you do so, you are getting a step closer to your breakthrough! This is where true believers who know the truth are tremendously needed! One child of God is deeply trapped in sin yet still pursues God! A True believer should try reaching out to her instead of back biting and looking down on her! 

A lukewarm life will not take you anywhere! It has no agenda, no goal, no purpose and no destination! In the book of revelation, Jesus revealed to John the kind of person a lukewarm Christina is! Revelation 3:16 says, “So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth.”  A Christian who claims to be a follower of Christ yet still sins is convinced that she is on the right path but revelations 3:17 says, “You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked.” And Gods wish for a lukewarm Christian is for them to stop practising a sinful lifestyle and ask God to help them in their journey! Revelation 3:18 says, I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.” 

People who live a double life live in fear! When things don’t go well for them they don’t think that they have the right to cast out demons and Satan’s wicked plans in their lives! They don’t expect good things to happen to them instead they are always looking to be “punished by God” for their hypocrisy! They are constantly reminded about their sin and everything they do wrong by the whispers of the devil! Because these people are living a double life they will fall victim to the devil’s lies! What you worship will intimidate you! If you are constantly worshiping Satan with a sinful lifestyle he will intimidate you with his lies! But once you start worshipping God you will be intimidated by His holiness, goodness and compassion towards you!

You shouldn’t expect not to be judged when you practise a sinful lifestyle! Your sinful behaviour gives out a wrong impression to those who did not grow in Christian families and totally have no idea about who Jesus is! Today you are a very strong Christian quoting bible verses and telling people to go to church, tomorrow you tell the same people that there is nothing wrong about engaging in pre-marital sex! These people who look up to you are influenced by your behaviour and your words! So many times as Christians we lead people astray and we will be accountable for it one day! We make Christianity suitable for us, our needs, our desires and we pass it on shamefully to those who look up to us! I’m so glad that somehow God opened my eyes! Today I can say “I was blind, but now I see” and really mean it! “I was lost but now I am found!”

 Every day I try to become a better Christian then I was the previous day! I know that I cannot do it in my own strength so I ask the Holy Spirit to help me! I know that if the devil can get me to sin, he will disgrace me publicly and therefore disgrace God! God doesn’t deserve that!  He Is pure and holy and He deserves Christians who desire to be pure and holy! I admit that yes sometimes we find ourselves helplessly trapped in sin but if you are serious about God, get up! God is real and He will reveal it to you once you are determined to leave your life of sin! I do not condone sin but I do not condemn a sinner from praying too! Praying is good, but praying while walking straight into sin will not take you anywhere in life! You will grow and not see any changes in your situation! Every day will pass and you will still feel like everything is the same!  And even though no one judges you, it doesn’t mean that the doors of hell will be closed for you! Galatians 5:9 says, “The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.”

The unbeliever may continue despising and mocking Christ even though nobody judges him about it but that doesn’t mean that he won’t account for it! Somebody once said, “People ask: How can a loving God send people to hell? But I ask, how can people choose hell over a loving God?” God says in Deuteronomy 30:15, “This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live”

 "We are Born Again to Make Statements!!Make a decision about who you are in life and especially the spiritual realm."

2 comments: