Monday 2 July 2012

The Holy Spirit sets the mood:-)


What does it really mean to seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness?  Seeking the Holy Spirit first and desiring to know more of Jesus. The Holy Spirit dwells in you, lives in you, and shows you the way to achieve a joyful life! He helps you make right decisions that will not bring destruction later on in life! You can say that the Holy Spirit sets the mood! He sets the mood in your life, in your family, in your studies and everything that concerns you! Each morning when I open my eyes, I don’t run to my phone or to make myself breakfast or run to the lounge to watch TV! Each morning when I open my eyes I welcome the Holy Spirit! I take time to spend time in prayer and seeking God’s face because I know that if I don’t invite Him in my life each day, I will be faced with a lot of temptation which I won’t be able to overcome in my own strength! I will be faced with challenges which I won’t be able to face on my own! But I know that as soon as I seek God and invite the Holy Spirit to come afresh on me, my day is set! He sets everything into perspective! The Holy Spirit sets the mood!

Many people worry about a lot of things! But when you invite the Holy Spirit to come and do his work in your life you worry less! In fact as you spend each day in prayer you realize that you don’t need to worry about anything because God has everything set for you! All you have to do is believe and trust in Him! God doesn’t want you to be concerned about the little things that He can easily fix! Finances are small things to God! Diseases are small issues to God! A loving partner that you are seeking is nothing to God! God doesn’t want you to sweat the small stuff! He is a big God!  I seldom pray to have more money or to lose weight or for my pimples to disappear, these things are nothing to God! Instead of worrying myself with such things, I choose to rather invite the Holy Spirit to come and do His work in my life! In this way he helps me read the Word with understanding and to be able to proclaim and speak it whenever there’s a circumstance facing me!  I have learnt to trust entirely on the wonderful Holy Spirit to do everything in me and I don’t worry about anything! In my weaknesses I rejoice! In my temporary sadness and light afflictions I still smile because the Holy Spirit sets the mood for me! 

Few weeks back when I came back home from my uncles funeral, I found our TV not working! Knowing that I had the authority to command it to work, I started laying hands on it saying, “TV, in the name of Jesus, I command you to work right now!” After several attempts, the TV still wouldn’t work! I was emotionally and physically drained and I just left it and told myself that I am not going to waste further energy on a TV that doesn’t want to work! The TV didn’t work for two days and I spent those two days seeking God! I had nothing much to do anyway so I could only read my bible and pray all day! When my dad, after those two days and decided to take the TV for repairs, it all of a sudden started working! This was just a divine lesson for me, don’t waste time praying about such things as TV’s, money, riches, boyfriends, pray for more of the Holy Spirit who will come in and set your life according to Gods promises! These worldly things come automatically! Success comes supernaturally as a child of God, they were meant for you, don’t sweat it! I’d rather sweat wanting to know more of Gods will for my life then praying all weekend sweating for a mere TV to work!  God already knows the desires of your heart so when you are hungry for Him and His will, He automatically grants you your hearts desires!

I generally don’t like cooking and my mother doesn’t like cooking too! So when my sister wasn’t around some cooking had to be done either way, my mum or I. One night I was really upset when they asked me to cook but then the Holy Spirit in me somehow calmed me! Instead of cooking with a nasty attitude I decided that I’ll just cook. A nasty attitude in will never produce any good results. In this case it will lead to me burning pots or putting into much salt and will result in me hating cooking even more! They asked me to do so, so I’ll just do it! If they don’t like my food then that’s their problem at least I did what they asked me to do! I decided to cook tin fish because it was already late and is much quicker to cook! There were no enough ingredients (no cooking oil, no spices, mo onions, no chakalaka) things that I generally cook tin fish with but I used the little I had! The only spice I put in the fish was cheese aromat and asked the Holy Spirit for his touch in the food as I dished up!  When my dad finished eating he complimented me for the first time ever telling me how great the food was! My mum did not say anything but she did not leave even single rice in the plate! I smiled and said thank you Jesus! Thank you Holy Spirit! Even cooking is nothing to you! And now when I cook, I give it my best because I know that the Holy Spirit is always there helping me to produce good things in everything that I do! I might not be as good as my chef sister but if I have the Holy Spirit then I am pretty much the best! I have got the Holy Spirit inside of me! That means more than anything to me!

There are things that you might not be good at, or things that you just don’t like doing, but as a woman, there are things that you will need to do in order to keep those around you happy! As an individual you tend to stress about little things that God can easily fix, don’t do that to yourself! You are secure in God’s plan! Rest in the Spirit of God! When you seek God first, He comes and fills every area of your being with his Holy Spirit who will teach you how to pray and be the best God has created you to be! Your life is secure in Jesus’ arms!

My sweet Holy Spirit, I love you so much! You mean everything to me! Thank you that every day you are always there ready to live through me, to speak, think, and act through me! Thank You Lord that as I seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, ALL these other things are being added unto me!   I love you my King Jesus!  Amen!

DO NOT WORRY!

Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?  Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.



No comments:

Post a Comment