Saturday 23 June 2012

Follow Christ Like You Mean It!

The deeper you walk in God's plan, the more the things around you seem to change! You see life in a different perspective and you seem weird to the people of the world! Don’t be surprised when nobody understands you and you face hardships! The devil will fight you till the end! He will even give your Christian friends bad thoughts about you, anything to discourage you! John 16 verse 2 says," the time is coming when anyone who kills you will think they are offering a service to God." The day Christians start seeing the devil for who he is, they will be able to walk in the victory that Jesus Christ won for them!

Follow Christ like you mean it! Love God like you mean it! Know your Savior personally! Do not live your Christian life trying to impress people! If you are going to say that God is your healer say it because you have seen Him healing you spiritually, mentally, emotionally and physically! If you are going to say that God restores people, say it because you have seen restoring and bringing back your family together! If you are going to say that Jesus loves you...say it like you mean it! When you read the word, read it like you mean it! It is no using posting bible verses on social networks without knowing what it means to you! It is no use watching sermons on TV all day long without you taking the initiative to study the word by your own! God has revealed his knowledge to those who seek Him, now it is your time to receive new knowledge, a new revelation that somebody out there has never experienced! He has called you to be His witness! God says in Genesis 12 verse 2-3,
“I will make you into a great nation,
    and I will bless you;
I will make your name great,
    and you will be a blessing.
I will bless those who bless you,
    and whoever curses you I will curse;
and all peoples on earth
    will be blessed through you. ”

If you are going to follow God, leave everything behind and follow Him! Why would you want to live in righteousness yet willfully sin? Come to God just as you are and He will take away everything in you that is not supposed to be there! When I pray, I always imagine (it is not a vision but an imagination) a body with holes which need filling! Those holes are a result of some stuff being taken away from the body in that particular area and need something new to fill them again! And as I ask God for more of him He fills that body with His spirit, with the fruits of the spirit! He takes away the pride, the arrogance, the lust and fills it with love, joy, peace, patience, self-control, gentleness and etc!  As you ask God for more of Him you become more like Jesus each day! 2Corinthians 3:18 says,  

"And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit".
See, the devil is very happy with where you are! He's very content when you participate in drunkenness, sexual orgies! He loves it when you look down on other people with pride because that’s what made him fall! He loves it when you say you love God but yet participate willfully in sin because He knows that your sin will prevent you from entering the kingdom of God, no matter how much you think you love the Lord! As soon as you start depending entirely on Gods word and walking in His plan, sharing the gospel of Christ the devil gets really angry! Jesus commissioned us to win disciples for his kingdom!  Mark 16: 15-16 says,
  “Go into the entire world and preach the gospel to all creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

The devil knows that somewhere in South Africa there is a trouble maker! Somewhere in the North West province there is a woman who is messing up with his plans! Somewhere in a small town called Mafikeng there is somebody who annoys him! Therefore he will do whatever it takes to discourage you! I stand on Acts 20 verse 24: “I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me —the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace" Hallelujah!
 The other day I got a message from somebody telling me that my statuses sound judgmental and are scaring people away from God, the person actually compared me to a Pharisee! He told me how people hate Christians because they sin and they think they’re better than everybody else! I was a bit discouraged because that message came in when I was feeling weak physically! It came through when God had given me a task to compete in the rainy, windy weather and I just felt discouraged! I thought to myself but why am I doing this to myself? Why do I have to spread the gospel when I can just live it for my own and experience the results on my own! But that is the thing; the devil wants to discourage you! The devil is content with passive Christians who wont spread the gospel of Christ! You are dangerous to the enemy’s territory when you tell other people the truth which is Jesus! I read my bible and was very encouraged by 2corinthinas 2:8 which says, 
 "We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair;  persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed." Praise God! 
  
As much as the devil discourages us, we also find encouragement from Jesus! When I was tired and weak and felt like giving up I read the word and Jesus encouraged me and said, 
 “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. ” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong" Hallelujah!

As a Christian you are going to suffer persecution greatly but our light affliction is just for a moment, we are working towards and exceeding eternal glory! Remember Job, he suffered greatly but never lost the faith! God asked the devil, "Have you seen my servant Job?" God took pride in Job! God boasted about Job! God wants to boast about you too friend! I see women all over South Africa rising for the Lord! I see them standing up and spreading the good news of Christ! I see unshakable, strong and determined women following Jesus like they mean it! That woman dear friend is you!

Heavenly Father thank you that you strengthen me each day! Thank you for the grace that you have given me to accomplish this race! Thank you that you have called me to be your witness all over the world! Thank you that my joy is complete in you! I love you my King! Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment