Sunday 22 April 2012

It ain't easy, but it is worth it!

This has been a very peaceful week in my life. Since the 15th when i re-dedicated my life to the Lord. His presence has been so much around me. I don't want to let go off what I have right now. If I'm feeling so light, over-joyed and filled with the Spirit of God , imagine how I'll be feeling a year from now, 10 years from now! Following Jesus completely is not easy though! Its only been a week and already there's o much temptation to overcome, and this is just the beginning! Gone are those days when I used to compromise my spirituality for a guy I like or a bottle of wine that tastes good! I am tired of going around in circles, not knowing where I'm heading. I want to go somewhere and Jesus can take me somewhere! I cried out to God last night telling him that I want to live a righteous life and I understand that a righteous life is all about choosing to do what is right according scripture even though every fiber in my being wants to bail out!  The devil comes with his lies , telling me that doing it one more time ,just one more time wont make such a difference. If I were to listen to Him , it would be like taking 10 steps backwards! Our desires are fighting against the will of God, but we have to work with God here in order to make our lives better! God promised never to leave us nor forsake us, so when I am faced with temptation, I pray right away, I know its my only weapon, together with self-control! This temporary pain will be a permanent gain one day, we will remember this! I have known Jesus for most of my life yea,but have I really been following Him? Following Jesus means leaving everything of this world and going where he takes you to. It will all be worth it at the end I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment