Sunday 8 February 2015

A Prayer for Wisdom

From the book, The Power of A Praying Woman, by Stormie Omartian


Lord, I pray You would give me your wisdom and understanding in all things. I know wisdom is better than gold and understanding better than silver, so make me rich in wisdom and wealthy in understanding. Thank You that you give wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding. Increase my wisdom and knowledge so I can see Your truth in every situation. Give me discernment for each decision I must make.

Lord, help me to always seek godly counsel and not to look to the world and ungodly people for answers. Thank You Lord, that You will give me the counsel and instruction I need, even as I sleep. Thank you that you will show me the path of life.

I delight in your law and in your Word. Help me to meditate on it day and night, to ponder it, to speak it, to memorize it, to get it into my soul and heart. Lord, I know that whoever trusts in his own heart is a fool, but whoever walks wisely will be delivered. I don’t want to trust my own heart. I want to trust Your Word and Your instruction so that I will walk wisely and never do ignorant or stupid things. Make me to be a wise person.


You said in your word you store up sound wisdom for the upright. Help me to walk uprightly, righteously,, and obediently to Your commands. May I never be wise in my own eyes, but may I always fear You. Keep me far from evil so that I can claim the health and strength Your Word promises. Give me the wisdom, knowledge, understanding, direction, and discernment I need to keep me away from the plans of evil so that I will walk safely and not stumble. Lord, I know that in You are hidden all treasure of wisdom and knowledge. Help me to discover those treasures. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment