Tuesday 27 January 2015

A Prayer for Sexual Healing

From the book, UNVEILING THE MYSTEY OF A WOMAN'S SOUL, CAPTIVATING, John &Stasi Eldredge


Lord Jesus Christ, I confess here and now that you are my Creator and therefore the creator of my sexuality. I confess that you are also my Savior, that you have ransomed me with your blood. I have been bought with the blood of Jesus Christ; my life and my body belong to God. Jesus, I present myself to you now to be made whole and holy in every way, including my sexuality. You ask us to present our bodies to you as a living sacrifice and the parts of our bodies as instruments of righteousness. I do this now. I present my body, my sexuality as a woman, and I present my sexual nature to you.

Jesus, I ask your Holy Spirit to help me now remember, confess, and renounce my sexual sins. Lord Jesus, I ask your forgiveness for every act of sexual sin. You promised that if we confess our sins you are faithful and just to forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. I ask you to cleanse me of my sexual sins now, cleanse my body, soul and spirit, cleanse my heart and mind and will, cleanse my sexuality. Thank you for forgiving me and cleansing me. I receive your forgiveness and cleansing. I renounce every claim I have given Satan to my life or sexuality through my sexual sins. Those claims are now broken by the Cross and blood of Jesus Christ.

Lord Jesus, I choose to forgive myself for all my sexual wrongdoing. I also choose to forgive those who have harmed me sexually. I release them to you. I release all my anger and judgment toward them. Come Lord Jesus, into the pain they caused me and heal me with your love. I now bring the Cross of my Lord Jesus Christ between me and every person with whom I have been sexually intimate. I break all sexual, emotional, and spiritual bonds between those I have been sexually intimate with. I keep the cross of Christ between us.


Lord Jesus, I now consecrate my sexuality to you in every way. I consecrate my sexual intimacy with my spouse to you. I ask you to cleanse and heal my sexuality and our sexual intimacy in every way. I ask your healing grace to come and free me from all consequences of sexual sin. I ask you to fill my sexuality with your healing love and goodness. Restore my sexuality in wholeness. Let me and my spouse both experience all of the intimacy and pleasure you intended a man and woman to enjoy in marriage. I pray all this in the name of Jesus Christ my Lord. Amen.

He breaks the power of cancelled sin
He sets the prisoners free
His blood can make the foulest clean
His blood availed for me

No comments:

Post a Comment