Sunday 17 August 2014

Dealing With Loneliness

“The world is waiting upon your fall. They know who your God is but they deny Him. They are watching you, for your light shineth. Their hearts are filled with hatred, for they wish to be where you are…Be blameless, and serve Him in truth and in spirit, for the world will never love you.”~Malcom Sephai

Coming from the world and living life as a born again Christian is not easy. You get chosen to live in the narrow path. You strive to imitate your perfect heavenly Father. Plagued by condemnation, feelings of failure and inadequacy, you anticipate the next prayer meetings with other believers. You make endless calls, oh how you’d do anything to wipe off the memory of your short- comings. As soon as you go down on your knees however, you feel the Spirit of God singing a song within you. Strengthening you, encouraging you, and reminding you that you’re not alone. You can tell Him your secrets. There’s no need to bare your soul out in the open for the world to see, Jesus is your comforter. Though you bring shame on yourself, He will never shame you. Though you give up on yourself, He doesn’t give up on you. You might feel like you’ve reached the end of your spiritual journey, but Jesus is still pursuing you. Learn from your mistakes, fight the good fight, and keep on keeping on!


Grappling loneliness

We do all that we can to be loved and appreciated by the world-but the world has never loved us. We give everything, our possessions, our worth, our reputation as God’s children- but the world can never love us. Sometimes we feel crazy because we don’t speak the same language, we don’t view life the way the world does, but they are the majority so we try to blend in even though the truth is always at the back of our minds. We want to be loved by the world but the world will never love us. We try as much to be with other believers who speak the same language, so that we can feel sane but they also have a life. We become so desperate to connect with other believers trying to escape being driven crazy by feelings of insanity as we strive to live right in this world! We try to blend in with the world, but the world mocks us…


…Plagued by feelings of loneliness

We think of relational problems with our loved ones and try to shift the blame on them for our loneliness. We think of our leaders in the church and consider it their fault for being rejected by the world. Afraid of rejection and loneliness we find ourselves slowly creeping back into the standards of this world, giving ourselves again all over again! We give away our reputation as born again believers, our holiness, and the image of God within us. We uncontrollably spend our time, our money, our lives on the world that does not even love us…


…Plagued by feelings of insanity I find myself falling off again

When Jesus saved me in April 2012, I got on a spiritual journey. It’s like running on high speed only to be trodden over by a brick near by. Bruised, bloody, tears, hopelessness- I hear a voice singing within me. “Until He says well done I will never depart from the Lord, until He says well done.” I find myself gaining strength; my weak bones begin to rattle. I feel the Spirit of God lifting me up saying…”just one more try.” I’ve been broken, but I’m standing on my two feet again. I look at what lies ahead and God’s Spirit is ahead of me cheering me on. I stagger trying to find my way, the Spirit of God gets a hold of me and gives me supernatural strength to move one foot forward. I find myself not only walking, but running again, jumping and praising God! And the world still won’t understand my praise! The world doesn't love me but Jesus loves me. He never gives up on me. Though I shame myself He doesn't shame me. Though I feel like I've reached the end of my spiritual journey He is still pursuing me.


The Purpose of Loneliness

There comes a time when God places circumstances in our lives where we are led to seek Him and not necessarily the gifts He has for us. The Spirit of God moves us from being self-centered to being God-centered because it is only in that way that we will learn to seek God, not the things He has for us. During lonely times you realize that God is all that you have. Your money, your accomplishments, your friends-no great gift that even comes from the Lord will ever fill you but God Himself. Jesus is our goal. A father to the fatherless. A friend that sticks closer than a brother. A Shepherd to the bruised sheep. A comforter to the lonely. A guide to all God’s children. A light in a world full of darkness. The spotless Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world!

“If the world hates you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of this world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.”~John 15:18

“Our faith in God must produce practical change in our daily lives or we are, at best, irrelevant and, at worst, a mockery. The world already has average why would they be attracted to more ‘averageness’ in the church?”~ Chris Jackson

Holy Spirit, help us remember that we’ve got the image of God within us, for some of us-that’s all we’ve got. Help us to never compromise this image of God within us because it is the only thing that makes us beautiful as children of God. Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment