Friday 1 March 2013

I have a dream, inspired by Martin Luther King!



“I am happy to join with you today in what will go down in history as the greatest demonstration for freedom in the history of our nation.” This is how one of the greatest men in the history of America began his speech! He knew that what he was going to further say will be witnessed by many as it comes to pass! Martin Luther King’s dream was to see peace in every city of America, and the equal rights of every American citizen! It was a very difficult time for the “Negros” in those days, but despite it all, Martin was not frightened by those appalling circumstances! For many years and still a hundred years later, the Negro lived in poverty in a land with vast prosperity; he lived in hunger in his own land! You can imagine how bleak the situation seemed for the oppressed and how contradicting Martin’s dream was in that current situation, yet, he still held on to his dream! “Now is the time to open the doors of opportunity to all of God’s children!”

Perhaps, just like the Negros, Christian, you lived in so much hopelessness for many years! In your life things never went well, all you’ve ever experienced is one problem packed on another! All you know is failure in everything you attempt doing, disappointment from your loved ones, bondage to sexual immorality, close doors to your destiny and oppression from the devil! But like Martin Luther King you should boldly declare that things will be alright! As soon as Jesus comes into your life he fills your heart with enthusiasm and optimism! Yes, the past hurt, the past was brutal, but there is hope for a better future! “And as we walk, we must make the pledge that we shall march ahead. We cannot turn back. We cannot look back and reminisce on our past hurts…” Oh it feels good, it feels good to have this Man Jesus who instantly changes one’s destiny as soon as they make a decision to gaze upon Him and embrace the finished work of the cross!  I believe that Jesus can mend a broken heart; I have seen Him doing that work in me! I believe that His dream for every individual is to experience righteousness and justice for the many wrongs they experienced!
“No, no, we are not satisfied, and we will not be satisfied until justice rolls down like waters and righteousness like a mighty storm!”

“You have been the veteran of creative suffering. Continue to walk with the faith that unearned suffering is redemptive!” No struggle can ever conquer when a believer has faith! It is only faith that keeps our eyes on Jesus who brings redemption. Martin had faith, and because of his faith and many others who believed in his dream nations are witnessing Martin’s dream manifesting in the 20th century! He believed in a God who can turn the impossibilities to possibilities, a God who changes situations around, oh this is the God who created the heavens and the earth yet still knows the numbers of head on your head! Martin knew this that is why he could boldly declare what he wanted to see in the days of hopelessness! Nothing is ever too hard for God! I am certain that his dream prompted many others to dream too, don't cover yourself with a blanket of despair,but dream for a better future, a better life, a better destiny! Believer, you have got to start dreaming! Dreams come true! 

"I say to you my friends, that in spite of the difficulties and frustrations of the moment, I still have a dream! It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream!" Martin had a dream, do you have a dream? I know I have a dream, I was afraid to speak up because I thought that people will bewitch me from reaching my destiny! Only to discover that the only thing that was bewitching me was my own mouth, so I changed my words and never allowed anyone to speak any negative in my life! Today I declare that I too have a dream! 

I have a dream today…

I have a dream that one day I will love, serve, and provide for millions of children all around the world!
I have a dream that one day I will stand in front of nations preaching the gospel of my King Jesus!
I have a dream that one day I will la hands on the sick that will get well!
I have a dream that one day I will be a mother of nations!
I have a dream that one day I will be gazing at my books on those book shelves!
I have a dream that one day I will wear my graduation gown!
I have a dream that things will get better between my mom, dad, and I!
I have a dream that one day God will live His dream through me!
All this will go down as the greatest demonstration in the history of the Sephai’s family! 

"This is our hope! This is the faith with which I return to the South! With this faith we will be able to
 hew out the mountain of despair! With this faith..."

With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.~ Mark 10:27

No comments:

Post a Comment