Monday 4 February 2013

Do not Worry!



One morning I woke up with so much worry in me! How, where, and when will I get a new bed! I had just moved into a new Suburb, Universitas! I moved out of Brandwag because the new house mates I had there were ill-treating me! I endured for a while because I was uncertain of change! I moved into a new neighborhood, new house, new housemates, new environment…I guess change is good after all! Everything was included in the rent at the Brandwag house, that is, beds, study desks, chairs and curtains! When I moved to my new place I was shocked to see only an empty room with only two wardrobes! (This explains why I always slept at my sister’s friends place).For a while I worried about the stuff I needed to buy but I didn’t want to bother my parents because I felt like they had done enough for me already! 

Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear…Mathew 6:25

One morning I woke up with so much worry in me… Sometimes we have to give credit where it’s due and I thank the Holy Spirit all the time for always being there with me, correcting and guiding me! In my worry He asked, “Don’t you know that worrying is sin?” Let alone doing it first thing when you open your eyes! Where is God then? Where is your faith in Him? It’s easy to worry but life with Jesus challenges us to always put our trust in God! Our faith is tested when we have nothing! When all you have is an empty room and the money you are holding in your hand is not enough to buy you all you need!  (And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus! Phillipians4:19)

A place of total surrender…

When the Holy Spirit asked that question I asked for forgiveness and repented! I will not worry anymore! I got in to a place where focusing on His promises was all I could do, a place of total surrender! Yes, all this is overwhelming me but there’s nothing much I can do about it at the moment! (Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? Mathew 6:27). We tend to forget who God is, especially when we are going through a financial or health crisis! When we are overwhelmed by temptation and when people around us don’t treat us well! Always remember that God created the universe and He is indeed greater than any challenge you are facing! Life is all about choices, either you chose to worry or you chose to have faith in the God who created the universe! If you do worry then understand that your problem is now your “god”! Each and every morning Jesus should be the first Man you think about, not yesterday’s problems, disappointments or mistakes! Prayer really is the answer to your problems! I said, “God, I don’t have anything at the moment but I trust you to provide me with everything that I need!” I look at nature, the clouds, the sunrise, the moon, the stars, the different people and nations in the whole world, all these were created by the God whom I talk daily with, a God whom I’ve surrendered my life to, surely He will take care of me? (Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Mathew 6:26)

Give and receive something better…

I was going through my clothes on Sunday morning after church, separating my old clothes from the recent ones with the hope of giving them away to somebody less fortunate than I am! Well they’re not really that recent but clothes that I still wear! If you go through your wardrobe right now you will be shocked at the many clothes in there that are just filling your wardrobe! Give them away to make space for new ones! Ever since I have been a child in the CRC house, I have learned the principle of giving! One of the primary factors of being Christian is giving, not everyone can give wholeheartedly! I know I could never do it before Jesus came into my life! Sometimes you have to give something so that you can receive something even better! Once last year I offered my last two hundred at church. I didn’t do it because I wanted to seem like a good Christian but because I felt the Holy Spirit stirring me to do so! God had something bigger for me than a mere two hundred rand note! When we give God cannot deny Himself and keep us on hold and not fulfil His promise! (Give and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you! Luke 6:38). Sometimes we feel guilty as Christians when God blesses us financially because we don’t feel worthy enough to have more than enough! We have gotten so used to giving, and getting so used by people that we don’t see when God pays us back for all the bad and sad times! Don’t feel guilty when God blesses you, accept it, receive it, and embrace it! God is saying, you could have bought yourself a new pair of shoes with your two hundred rand, but you didn’t; now it’s the time for you to go buy yourself four pairs of new shoes! Now it’s the time for you to be able to afford gym and take good care after your body! Go buy yourself a camera so that you can take clearer pictures for your blog! Go buy a new phone so that you can communicate with others properly! The catch is this though: When you receive more, give more! Do not stop giving! 

An unexpected breakthrough…

On that Sunday morning while still sorting out my clothes one of my housemates knocked on my door! He asked, “Would you like a couch for your room?” I said, “Yea sure, are you selling it?” He said, “No, I’m giving it to you for free!” I was extremely joyful! One might say, “Yea, yea, what’s the big deal about a couch?” Well, for somebody who doesn’t have a chair and a desk a couch is something that I can sit down comfortably on and have my herbal tea like I did this morning! A couch for someone who sees God in nature is something I can relax on, look outside my window, and view the stars, the moon, the birds singing and worship my God! (O Lord, our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! Psalm 8:9). While he was still placing the couch in my room another housemate brought in a bed!! It’s not new, it’s not a king or queen bed but do you understand that I don’t have to spend a single cent on a new bed!!!? After the bed they brought in a study table! This is true, I had to buy my own stuff but my housemates were just bringing stuff into my room! (Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, unto him be glory…Ephesians 3:20). In just a matter of minutes my room was “fully furnished”! Later in the evening after church another housemate offered me a curtain for my glass door! Thank You Jesus! All that was an empty room was now a lively, warm, colourful and bright room!

Do not worry, God is still seated on the throne even today, even during your lack, trial, confusion or whatever you might be facing at the moment! God will bring the right people to you! I was scared of change but change was good because through change God performed His miracle for me! Honestly, I’ve never had strangers being so king and friendly to me, I was actually scared when I moved out of Brandwag that I will get other housemates accusing me of theft, causing other people to dislike me, and hating on me for no apparent reason! My new housemates ask me if I’m okay, If I have settled well and if I have made friends yet! Pray, and watch God act on your behalf! 

Here is my "new couch"

 


and my new door curtain

No comments:

Post a Comment