Friday 1 February 2013

A Serious Attitude Towards Prayer


If there’s one thing I cannot compromise on is prayer! I pray about every little or big thing! A cousin of mine once told me that I am now playing with God because every time she had something to complain about I had a prayer to suggest! What is better, complaining about everything or praying about everything? 

Pray on Purpose

Last night after the choir practice at church I decided to go sleep over at my sister’s friends place! I was exhausted, and all I wanted to do when I get there is sleep! I found my sister and her friends getting all dressed up, preparing to go out and party! Now don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against people who go to parties, but I’ll just make a comparison! People who party do it on purpose! They go all out from their outfits, to their agendas, to their motive behind the partying! I was watching a movie hoping to doze off, but my spirit could not rest! “Titi, if people can party all night then why are you sleeping?” (Wake up, sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you! Ephesians 5:14). If they can socialize and get drunk all night then I surely can socialize with my God and get drunk in His spirit! Most of the time we wait for a feeling! We first want to feel spiritual before we can enter into prayer! But when you have a vision that comes from God, you will use every opportunity you get to pray! God wants us to seek Him on purpose! (You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:13) Decide that you will pray! Set an appointment with God; just show Him how important He is to you! Last night the Holy Spirit told me that God is just looking for people who will seek Him on purpose! He doesn’t care about their age, their gender or their locations! He doesn’t care how long they have been born again, He is just looking for people who desire and seek Him intensely in prayer! 

“O, God! I am just a woman in South Africa who has a dream…!”

Persevere in Prayer

In a dream a while back, I was clearly told that if I want to accomplish my vision I have to pray from 6am-10:30am! I was not quite sure how I was going to get that done regarding the length of days or season! Only when I seek God in prayer does He make it clearer to me!  (But the word of the Lord was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little…Isaiah 28:13). Praying 4hours and 30 minutes non-stop is not an easy task! You have to approach it with determination and confidence believing that He who started the good work in you will finish it until it’s completely done! Many times when my alarm clock rings, I think of the extremely long period I’ll be praying and I get tempted to just switch it off and return to my sleep! I give credit to the Holy Spirit because through Him I can do what seems impossible to my flesh! Most of the times I want to end my prayer at 10am, but He reminds me that it is the last minute that counts! Be a believer enough to finish your course! Pray even though you don’t feel like praying! Pray even though everything feels senseless! Pray even when you can’t feel God! What can possibly happen when you decide to put time aside and talk to the Man who created the universe and all nations and kingdoms in it! 

Prayer does actually work!

When I was visiting Schweizer-Reneke during the holidays I mentioned that I had the opportunity to pray for a couple of people! You will actually be surprised how a lot of people need and believe in your prayers! How will you know if you don’t fulfil the commission? My cousin’s friend, Mantwa, who is 30years old, requested a prayer for a job and marriage! I shared the Word with her, held her hands, and prayed with her! Two days after I had left Schweizer-Reneke I got a phone call from my cousin saying, “Titi do you know that your prayer worked? Mantwa has found a job!” (Therefore I say unto you, what things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. Mark 11:24). Mantwa then sent me a message telling me how thankful she is and how much she appreciates my prayer and she will be starting with work the following day! This is what prayer does: it opens the windows of heaven for you and if it’s according to God’s will, you get whatever you desire! I believe that God wants to show this generation His miraculous working power, but we have to pray! (God doesn’t speak to the prayer less! Benny Hinn).

When you pray you are not just talking to any person, you are talking to God! 

No comments:

Post a Comment