Wednesday 30 January 2013

Rising Above Your Limitations



Pastor At has been preaching about living a bigger and better life in 2013 for the past couple of weeks! His teaching has prompted me to rise above my limits and strive to be the best South African God-fearing woman I can possibly be! I believe that in each and every one of us, God has placed a powerful dream and a kingdom vision, and those who continually press in will fulfil their God-given destiny! For some it’s easy, but for most it’s not! Most people come from backgrounds where dreams are shattered and destinies are broken, but still, as a born again Christian, it is your responsibility to ensure that you give birth to your destiny! It is not easy!!! (Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life and only a few find it. Mathew 7:13-14). Anybody can opt for the easy stuff! Fornication is easy, getting drunk is easy, being prayer less is easy…they don’t require self-discipline or self-control! I sit in church and listen to Pastor At’s testimony, getting where he is right now was not easy! I know a lady, Lesego Serolong-Holzapfel, went to school with her, and I know being where she is now didn’t come easy! 

Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity. 1Timothy 4:12

I believe that God has placed me on the campus gym for a purpose! That purpose being: developing my confidence while pursuing my destiny! If I’m going to be a leader of nations then I have to be confident enough to stand in front of nations! The majority of people on the campus gym are whites, and most of them are not so “nice”! It’s easy to feel intimidated in their midst especially when you come from a place, school, background that did not have many white people! In the church and on social networks you get nice people, but in this gym, you get quite a number of people who look at you and see you as nothing! This is the reality I am facing at the moment! There comes a point in life where you have to acknowledge your dreams in the presence of people who don’t see you as being capable enough to achieve anything great! There comes a point in life where you have to live your life outside of social networks and freely express yourself, where really no one intimidates you irrespective of their gender, race or age! I remember once after a certain incident I felt so inferior, stupid, black, and unimportant and I just wanted to shrink back! The Holy Spirit said, “Don’t shrink back; these are the people you are going to lead!” So you be nice even though they are not nice! You wash away that racism mentality and view every one as a human being created by the same God who subdues the nations under you! You wear your confidence even though you don’t feel confident and you keep going even though they make you feel inferior! 

…Stir up the gift of God, which is in thee…2Timothy1:6

I’d like to think that I can sing! I’ve had my moments of “fame” and my moments of “shame”! The last time I sang was last year just after re-dedicating my life to Jesus! Some guy heard me sing and decided to take me to his recording “company” because he liked my voice! The producer didn’t like my voice however; he kept comparing me to Jennifer Hudson and a whole lot of people! He really made me feel small and worthless! He said he’ll call me back but never did, thus, I never wanted to sing in public ever again! I thank God for using pastor At to aggressively remind us about the gifts he has placed in us, to keep on trying even though we encounter failure! I decided to go for the singing auditions in our church two days ago! I had to sing in front of people who lead the worship in church with their most amazing voices, people who are busy recording albums! It’s so easy to talk down on yourself under such circumstances, yet still it is always required of you to keep a positive report! I sang and they liked my voice and now I’m part of the choir in CRC! I am just glad that I have been given the opportunity to give back to God what I believe He has given me-a voice of worship! 

You can become an instrument for God to use if you want to….just avail yourself!

At the auditions I sat next to a beautiful woman who’s probably in her late thirties! She wanted to play the guitar! She felt so restless telling me that she wanted to go home because she was the oldest there! I thought that she was there for a purpose so I told her, “A lot of people don’t pursue their dreams because they feel old!” So what if she’s old? The fact that she came through shows that she has a dream and a person who has a dream has life! Many times it is not comfortable but only those people who dare to rise above their comfort zone accomplish great things in life! When I went to the auditions it was raining, I was tired, I felt irritable, but I pressed in anyway because I close my eyes, and I see my vision! People would rather sleep all day, people would rather not spend their time, energy and money on such things! People would rather not get embarrassed!  Believe it or not, I was the only person who showed up for the singing audition that evening in a church that has thousands and thousands of members! I believe that God has a purpose for my life and I am going to purse it! Yes, I will embarrass myself but I will laugh over it! Yes, I will feel like giving up, but I will keep on believing in the Lord! I will make use of every opportunity that God gives me, and if I fail, I will try again! (They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31)

There comes a time in life where you have to stop talking and start acting! That’s when you’ll face the greatest opposition! It hasn’t been easy for me since I came back to school because I’ve told myself that this year I am going to rise above my limits and walk right into the supernatural! The devil gets really scared when you start acting on accomplish your dream! It hasn’t been easy but as long as God is still seated on the throne, I will keep pushing and fighting the good fight of faith! I got a message from one of the most blessed and inspirational woman I mentioned earlier, Lesego Serolong Holzapfel! It read: “God loves you so much and He has a lot in store for you! When the road gets tough, dust yourself up and keep going! The road is not easy but God is too faithful to ever let you go! Keep shining for him despite all odds, that’s when you know he’s with you!” It’s amazing how my God works, I never told Lesego any of my problems and she sends this message just when I needed it the most! If God can send someone who has gone through this road before to encourage me, then I believe that all things are really possible with God! 

These are the few who came through to play the instruments!

No comments:

Post a Comment