Wednesday 5 December 2012

We love Jesus...we serve Jesus!


“I’ve made up my mind, no compromise, I will live for you!” That’s a praise song we sing at CRC, but do we really know what it means to live for Jesus without compromise?
I reluctantly got out of bed at 5am because I had been awake for most hours of the night! Made my bed, flipped the curtain over to view the weather, the grey skies didn’t look much promising for some sun shine! After a few minutes of contemplating, I actually went back to bed!!! The desire to volunteer for the Christmas outreach had vanished! The Christmas outreach is an annual service where CRC members go throughout the remote parts of the greater Bloemfontein, handing out gift hampers and preaching the gospel to the people! 

I felt an uncomforting heaviness as I laid there in bed with the intentions of getting my sleep back! “Do you really want me to go there?”  I asked God with a victim voice! He didn’t answer! If He was just a mere man I reckon He’d be thinking, “Is my princess being serious right now or is she being sarcastic?” The picture that came to my mind was the previous night in the bus when somebody requested volunteers to raise their hands! He also held a mini sermon about serving and I was the first to raise my hand and shout out my hallelujahs! Do I really want to be a hypocrite now? (Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ. Gal.1:10)

“You say you love me, prove it!” Loving Jesus means going through the greatest heights to serve the people around us! I thought God would say, “Oh yes, hush little child, lay peacefully in your bed!” I wanted Him to feel sorry for me, because I had been praying all night! God has heard enough prayers! He has observed enough talkers and now He seeks walkers! Living for Jesus is putting our faith into action! We have prayed for our nation to get saved, and now is a great opportunity to serve our nation! You might be lying in bed thinking that you don’t make a difference in this world, but your little contribution makes a major difference to your nation! “Wake up child, its your time to shine! You were born for such a time as this!”

I quickly got out of bed, did what I had to do and hurried to the bus stop! Pick up time was at 6am so I made sure that that I was there 15 minutes earlier! It’s not because of my goodness, yea? It’s because I have the Holy Spirit within me who teaches me the right things that pleases the Father! God looks at things like punctuality, it might not be a big deal to you, but to God it is! (‘Well done, you good and faithful servant!’ said his master. ‘You have been faithful in managing small amounts, so I will put you in charge of large amounts. Come on in and share my happiness!’ Math.25:23). It is the small things that please God! He looks at things like your enthusiasm, and your motive behind your enthusiasm! Do you do what you do with a motive of pleasing people and striving to look righteous before them? Or do you honestly do what you do wholeheartedly for Jesus alone? See, when you do things for God you become honest with Him! “Daddy, I didn’t feel like getting out of bed this morning, but I’m going to serve you because I love you!” We love Jesus? So we serve Jesus! He loved us, so we love His people! He gave us, so we give to His people! He forgave us, so we forgive His people! When you have experienced the goodness of God, it is impossible to keep it to yourself; therefore, His goodness has to be demonstrated to the world! 

Benefits of serving!

Giving selflessly to serve is not an easy task! You are going to have to utilize your resources such as your money, your time, your energy, so much sacrifice to be made! It is however, the joy in serving that makes it an opportunity of a lifetime! Planting a seed both in your life and in the lives of others is a very fulfilling mission! What a heart-warming experience it was when I handed out the Christmas gifts to the children! Seeing them jump up and down, smiling ear to ear with no teeth in front, and anticipating the tantalizing sweet delights in front of them! Hearing a woman requesting a prayer from a young girl like me, for the restoration of her marriage! The overwhelming joy that I get in my spirit when we come across a man searching for food in the garbage, and later on leading him to surrender his life to Jesus! This is what I live for! (My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work. John 4:34). God take away anything that’s going to take your place in my life! Be it a job, riches, money, a man! I don’t want anything if I don’t have Jesus!
I can honestly say this; this was the greatest time in my entire life! Praying for those who can’t pray for themselves, loving children who don’t know how it feels like to be loved! And besides all this, I had an opportunity to interact with like-minded Christians, people who share the same qualities, warriors who have the same vision and born again believers who are purpose-filled! It’s as easy as that-you find Jesus, you find your purpose! I met a whole lot of awesome people who challenged me spiritually, socially and intellectually, to develop myself and strive always to become a better woman than I was yesterday! I developed the inspiration to live confidently for Jesus yet with humble authority! If you want to find out more about yourself, get out of your little “holy territory” where you are convinced that you are holy than everyone else and start living life with other believers! Have fun fulfilling your commission! Go throughout the world and preach the gospel to all living creatures! 

The few group of children I managed to capture!

The man at the garbage side, surrending his life to Jesus!

And who knows…perhaps my prince is hiding somewhere in these outreach programmes! (clears throat)!

That's our team getting instructions for the day!

A very big thank you to pastor At and Nyretta Boshof for giving me such a life changing experience to be of good service to my community! I love you CRC!I love You King Jesus! 


No comments:

Post a Comment