Monday 24 December 2012

Dream Big!





This is my uncle Phillip! I don’t have to say much because the picture says it all! Apparently he used to be a normal looking guy who drove taxis and had proper relationships! It troubles me so much when somebody’s life goes so wrong! I always ask myself, “Lord what went wrong!” One day I sat with him and my grandmother under the shade and I instantly perceived what had gone wrong! “Piss of!” My grandmother scolded him! “You are just a drunkard who goes around the hood looking like a mad person!” It stings me that a mother could actually say this to her own son, she says it laughing, so instead of seeing the seriousness of the matter it just becomes a big joke! I wish parents could understand that the vision they have of their kids is exactly what they will get from them! A child who does not know the love of Jesus accepts everything that an adult says to him, whether good or bad, because they know nothing better other than what they have been taught! This is why it is important for you Christian to obey the commission and go throughout this world and preach the gospel to those who don’t know the truth! (The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He has anointed Me, to preach the gospel to the poor;He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind,to set at liberty those who are oppressed! Luke 4:18). Start in your family! You have people right now who are yearning for the truth, yet you are saved? What kind of Christianity is that?

Everybody was born with a light that shines differently from others! Now people mess their God-given destiny by indulging and experimenting in all kinds of wrong activities! Alcohol looks harmless but it is so destructive!!! (Alcohol is for people who are dying, for those who are in misery.  Let them drink and forget their poverty and unhappiness! Proverbs 31:6). It starts little by little and one day a person gets so consumed by alcohol that they have to rely on it for happiness and sanity! Why don’t you rather take Jesus as your drug? When you are mad and frustrated, you go to Him! When you are confused and hurt, you go to Him, and He fixes you! When I helplessly miss my loved ones I turn to Jesus and He comforts me! I know that He takes care of me way better than my parents do! They can’t build me as much as He does and they certainly don’t see the light that God sees in me! But it’s okay, I am still not defeated or disappointed, they are human beings! (It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man! Psalm 118:8).

Okay, Jesus saved you, now what’s next? It’s time to ignite the dreams, visions and light that God placed in you when He brought you into this world! (Can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord God, thou knowest! Ezekiel 37:3). Ever since I re-dedicated my life to Jesus, I have been using this opportunity to dream big and doing everything I can to make up for the time I wasted in the world! I believe there is more to me than what I see, where I’ve been, how others made me feel and how badly they spoke into my life! I was born for greatness, you were born for greatness-dare to believe! I publicize my broken past, failure and sins, because I have so much confidence in the Lord to restore to me what the cankerworm and locusts have eaten up in my life! (Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies! Psalm 23:5).

“And afterward,
   I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
    your old men will dream dreams,
    
your young men will see visions” Joel 2:28

After igniting your dreams, you talk about them until they have become a reality to you! (With God, it’s okay to look foolish!). Obviously you don’t give detail to detail about your journey, your struggles, hard work and other things that are between you and God! Talking about your dreams put you in that good pressure that forces you to pray all the time and keep away from recalcitrance! “God, how do I get there? How do I accomplish this vision! Show me!” One afternoon I was in a deep sleep and God spoke to me in a dream! “If you want to achieve your vision you have to pray from 6am to 10h30am and go do your work” He didn’t say when I should start but I believe that the sooner I begin the closer I will be to accomplishing my vision! He didn’t say anything about the length of days, but I believe that if I just obey, one day when I least expect it, it will sprout out! I had another dream that afternoon! See, when you are serious about the things of God and hunger for His voice, discernment and direction, He will show up! He doesn’t play games with you! (He revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets. Amos 3:7). In that dream somebody had updated their status on face book and it read: “If you are a dreamer, you’ve got to be a prayerer! (Somebody who prays all the time). And if you are a prayereer, you’ve got to be an actor! (In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. James 2:17). So here it is: Dream big, pray at all times and act! 

See, just like my uncle, life might have beaten you hard, peoples words might have manifested in your life, and most of the times it’s in the inside because that’s where your light, your dreams and visions are but you can start afresh today! Just like the pain and hurt that have been building up in the inside, God can bring healing into your life and make His light shine upon you! You don’t have to look like my uncle Phillip in the inside, and certainly not in the outside because your Father is a  King, dress yourself in royalty!

No comments:

Post a Comment