Monday 19 November 2012

Stick To Your Commitments!


One thing I learned from my seven day fast is commitment, set yourself goals and sticking to them through thick and thin! On Saturday I went to a picnic with my sister’s friends celebrating her life in Bloemfontein because she is moving now to another city to further her career as a chef! I had people all around me eating, drinking and I was tempted to just give up my fast! The Holy Spirit wouldn’t let me though because He knew that it would change my life for the best! I might not see it in the physical, but I know a major transformation has taken place in my spirit! (For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. 2Corinthians 4:16)! I went through that day drinking water and juice and nobody noticed that I wasn’t eating on that day but it wasn’t a public stunt, it was between me and Jesus! Stick with whatever commitment you make whether people are watching you or not this will teach you in the long run not to give up on your marriage, children, job and other things that you put yourself to! This is what we are being taught as CRC leaders, and if you are not under the leadership of anybody, find yourself one because you need to be mentored by spiritually mature people who have walked in your road before! Run the race! Fight the good fight and always keep your head up high! Believe that you can achieve anything you put your mind to because He who is in you is greater than He that is in the world! Dont be like the rest who forget where God took them from when things are going good for them, when they get a lot of money or they get driven crazy by alcohol and a nice time! Decide to follow Jesus and live for Him every second of your life not just when it suits you!

Now, I’m not the same as I used to be before my fast, in the way I think, speak or act! Each morning I get up and right after I open my eyes I say out loud this confession!
I am a servant of Christ! I have the presence of God in and around me! I have great faith in God! I am waiting patiently on God as He works through me! I am getting pruned daily and becoming a better person than I was yesterday! God has the first place in my life above everything and anybody else and I will rejoice in Him all the days of my life!

That's me in the blue dress at the picnic


Thats"s my sister in a navy blie dress and some of her friends I chilled with during the picnic!
I am like a tree planted by the rivers of waters, I bring forth fruit in my own season! My leaves do not wither!

No comments:

Post a Comment