Monday 19 November 2012

My SEVEN Day Fast Experience!





Last week when I began my fast I was in a state of confusion! I didn’t do so well in two of my exams which are very much required for the career God told me to pursue, there was also a guy I truly liked and I was confused as to whether he was the right one for me, there were just so many things taking place that put me in a state of confusion! During my seven day fast God revealed so much to me which I will share with you! The fast was like this: Eat nothing all day for seven days until 6pm but could drink water or juice or green tea with no sugar or milk of course! Let me tell you now, I only drank water most of the time, never touched my green tea! The fast also helped me watch my weight because before I began I ate a lot, to a point of gluttony, and thus I saw the need to fast! As people we seek comfort from different things and for some of us who don’t drink anymore or take any drugs, we resolve to food! We all want something that can just ease the depression or confusion but I’m telling you now nothing will help except prayer! If you feel that prayer doesn’t have any effects then perhaps you must contemplate fasting! Prayer with fasting is duet that will produce wonderful results in your Christian journey! Make it a priority from time to time because this is when God Himself comes and talks to you personally about the issues that concern, confuse or frustrate you! (In thee, O Lord, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion. Psalm 71:1) You may get advice from people, but you won’t need it at all because you will always have God telling you what and what not to do!  (For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. Psalm 16:10) 

Life with Jesus is meant to be fully enjoyed, not just in some areas but every part of you! Jesus knows that you cannot figure things on your own and so He offers to lead the way, to guide you, to advice you! You have to listen and obey! (My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me! John 10:27). If you feel the urge to fast, that is the Holy Spirit leading you into all truth, obey! Set yourself a goal, your expectations and stick to your commitment! Nothing feels as great as finishing something you  have begun!

So here is my fasting goal:
Day1: Asking God for a heart of a servant
Day2: Longing for more of God’s presence
Day3: Asking God for more faith
Day4: Patience to wait on the Lord
Day5: Asking God to prune me and cast out all fruit that doesn’t bear fruit
Day6: Asking God to take His rightful place in my life (Jesus be the centre of it all)
Day7: Praise God for answered prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment