Monday 19 November 2012

A Servants Heart!


On the first day of my fast I had a strong desire to be more like Jesus and Jesus was a servant! (Just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many. Math.20:28) The whole purpose God came to earth in flesh is to serve and give and He wants us to carry out this legacy, to serve Him and to serve others wholeheartedly! I wanted to know how to serve because I never knew what it meant! I was just excited about God blessing me, and me being recognized and living this wonderful Christian life, but Christianity is all about serving and regarding yourself as the least important!
I remember one evening at the Dream Week conference I was slowly making my way from the alter call to my seat! Right before me passed the pastors, pastor’s wives and children and so it prevented me from moving any further! I stood there understanding that they are thee important people, I don’t really matter much so let them pass first and I’ll go last! As they were all making their way to their seats one pastor stopped, Pastor Casey Treat, and let me pass, smiling at me! With my unworthy attitude quickly passed by thinking what a good man he was! And he is a good man! Goodness is not about you being the greatest preacher, or being born again for many years, it’s about you serving like Jesus! I knew Jesus would let me pass if He was on that queue! You become a great person when you become a servant! (So the last will be first, and the first will be last! Mathew 20:16) 

Pastor Casey Treat inspired me! When you serve God understand that you are not better than others! No one is a celebrity in Gods eyes, we are all the same and when you remember where God took you from you’ll never look down on anybody because God sees us all the same! The Holy Spirit told me, it is awesome that you want to be rich and have a family and a great life, but don’t get into ministry thinking that you will gain riches or fame, get into the ministry for one purpose and that is to win souls for Gods kingdom! Meaning even if I had to live in a shack all my life preaching the gospel, I should be content! Even if I don’t get a laptop to type this easily at home, I should be content! Servant hood is all about living the life Jesus lived and now He has to continue living through you in your world! God doesn’t put His promise away  however, He still promises you a good life, but remember it’s really not about you, you having a good life, you, you ,you!  It’s not about you looking down on others because you are now saved and they are lost or getting drunk and having sex or are involved in all kinds of sad things! I was in a bus from church yesterday and saw a lady wearing a very short skirt that only covered her bum! My first expression was shocked but the prayer I made was this: Lord, please open her eyes, show her the light like you have shown me the light! Serving is all about seeing the good in others, even if you feel mistreated and you know that you are right, continue loving and forgiving and giving endlessly!

I had a very troublesome housemate this year (says this laughing)! He always took our food without our permission and just did all the wrong stuff! One morning after I had left my food on the stove and found it gone, I confronted him because we had been quiet for too long! The next day after I confronted him about his behaviour I greeted him having forgotten all that had taken place! He didn’t greet me back! I was confused, I thought I’m the one who was supposed to get mad here but now he’s the one not talking to me???! I told God that I’m never ever going to talk to him again; after all, I don’t need anything from him! This is not the Holy Spirit’s attitude, this was my flesh and the flesh cannot please God! I have to die daily to my flesh and even though I know that I am right about something, if there’s is peace that needs to be made, I should be the first one to offer, as a Christian! (Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. Matthew 5:9) Yea, I know, we seem like fools but better be a fool for God! I didn’t talk to him for three days and every time I went back to my room to pray, God will bring him to my spirit! “Uhmm, titi, you have some unfinished business to take care of!”  (Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother or sister has something against you; leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to them; then come and offer your gift. Matthew 5:23-24). I couldn’t go anywhere in my journey with Christ because I was not talking to somebody I stay with in the same house! God says, if you want to serve, start first in your house, and start first with the people you live with! You can serve right there, you don’t need to go to an orphanage or a prison, serve those who mistreat you and pray for them! When I heard this I decided that I’ll just go and ask for forgiveness or just make up a conversation! God only speaks once and the rest is up to you, whether you go make things right or not it's all up to you! I went to my housemate’s room twice and he was not there so I told myself that I will go the following day first thing in the morning! 

Later in the evening when I came back from a dinner function, my housemate came to me instead and hugged me, telling me that he was leaving already for the December holidays! Pheeuw, he made things so much easier for me! I smiled with him, talked and showed him that I was not mad at him! See, God knows that certain things are not easy, but He will push you to do uncomfortable things to see your where your heart and loyalty lies! If someone did you wrong, it is your responsibility to forgive even before they ask for forgiveness! If your family or your leaders expect you to do something and you feel that you are being picked on, just do it, serve like Jesus did! I don’t think He enjoyed the idea of going on the cross to suffer for an ungrateful sinner like you and I!


No comments:

Post a Comment