Sunday 22 July 2012

Faith Without Action is Dead!


Everybody goes through painful seasons and we are never aware of what some of our friends, family, classmates and people all around the world are facing! I receive prayer requests on a daily basis and it’s really heart-breaking to see how a lot of people are in need of emotional healing and a sense of well-being! Mothers curse and hate their daughters! Sons disrespect their fathers! Siblings hating one another! Women being emotionally abused by their boyfriends and all kinds of hurtful situations one can think of! People going through such agony must take a step to stop this conflict between them and their loved ones! The step I’m talking about is not running to psychologists who tell you just what you need to hear in order for them to get more money! It’s not running to witch doctors who give you something to pour in your water when you bath! It’s not constantly giving your life and possessions away to people who don’t deserve it! It’s not about being on a strict diet or spending hours at the gym for people to find you attractive! You need to surrender everything to God!

I don’t mind praying for others because I can relate to most of the situations! But there’s no point in having people praying for you to receive joy while you still are still living in sin! I’ve had my mother cursing me and saying hurtful things to me! I’ve been in countless predicaments where my parents fought and swore heavily at each other in front of me! I grew up not communicating with my father! I’ve had Christians judging and laughing at me right to my face! I’ve had people dissing me about my body and complexion! I’ve had friends using and betraying me and I’ve certainly had men mistreating and belittling me! All I’m saying is; I’ve had my fair share of pain and it could have gotten worse had I not surrendered my life to Jesus!

You can never experience true joy if you are holding on to thorns that causes your bleeding! For you to reign with Jesus, you have to die with Him! This simply means: You cannot expect to walk in blessings while you are still living in wilful sin! You expect Jesus to give you fullness of joy but still go back to that man who mistreats you! He leaves you and two weeks later when he wants to satisfy his sexual desires he comes back and you give yourself to him! You are bound to be hurt my sister! The great news is that you have the power within you to come out! Do not let the devil convince you otherwise! True joy awaits you! Having to leave my ex-boyfriend in order for me to follow Christ completely was not easy! The idea of not drinking alcohol again was never cool! But I had to go through that temporary pain in order for me to receive healing for my past pain and to walk into a future filled with joy! Even though I face persecution and go through hardships, my joy is still complete! The devil has nothing to accuse me with, and I know that everything that I go through is not judgement from God but a test that will produce my blessing or breakthrough!  The devil doesn’t have a chance to hurt or depress me anymore because I have surrendered every area of my life to Jesus!  Today I confidently claim my joy and peace and the devil shamefully releases all that belongs to me! My hope is steadfast and my faith unshakable! 

Just like everybody else out there, I went through a lot of pain in the past and it saddens me to see others living in negativity, depression, low self-esteem, conflict with their loved ones, because there is hope! Last year a psychiatrist diagnosed me with major depression! The last time I took my medication was more than three months ago when I gave my whole life to Jesus and still...my joy increases every day!!! My medication costs about one thousand rands! Isn’t it amazing how we are willing to pay an ample of money in order for us to be joyful, peaceful, and normal?  Isn’t it more surprising to know that Jesus offers all that we seek and desire for free?  Well, there’s always a sacrifice needed! Psychologists and psychiatrists want your money! Sangomas want your money! Fortune tellers want your money but God wants a broken heart and a contrite spirit! A contrite spirit as a sacrifice to receive eternal true joy! But I guess people would rather opt out for temporary happiness, how sad! I can spend days and hours fasting for you, you can go to church every Sunday, but if you are still living in sin you will still have to deal with consequences for your actions! Depression, low self-esteem, loneliness, no value and everything else that the devil has planned for your life!
I had prayed so much in the past for my relationship with my mum to function well! But there comes a point in your life where you just need to stop praying for a while and start acting! Faith without actions is dead!!! One day I said to my mum, “Mother, so much has happened between us, so much has went wrong in the past! But I would like us to forget about the past and start building our relationship from here, from now! I believe that God has placed love in your heart for me and I would like to experience that love as your first born daughter!” Ever since that day there has been peace that surpasses all understanding between my mother and me! The bitterness and anger that I had towards her has been taken away by God’s power and I love her like I love my sweet Jesus! 

In order for you to start seeing change in your circumstances, you need to act! There’s always a condition.  Woman, for you to find a man who loves and appreciates you, just stop for a little while and experience the joy of being pursued! In order for you to see a family member being saved, just stop praying for a little while, buy them a bible and share the good news with them! In order for you to stop fighting with your siblings, just act and be the first to ask for forgiveness! God has heard your prayers and He is ready to work! If you constantly face hurt, you need to stop everything and follow Jesus! God says in Isaiah 43:22-23,

“ you have not called on me, Jacob,
    you have not wearied yourselves for me, Israel.
You have not brought me sheep for burnt offerings,
    nor honoured me with your sacrifices.
I have not burdened you with grain offerings
    nor wearied you with demands for incense.
 You have not bought any fragrant calamus for me,
    or lavished on me the fat of your sacrifices.
But you have burdened me with your sins
    and wearied me with your offenses.”

God knows your pain and your struggles! But you have not given Him the right to be God in your life, how will He be able to help you? You need to stop praying for peace and joy for a while and take a step to abandon your sins! God is ready to act but He needs your actions in order for Him to demonstrate His healing power in your life! 

 "When I act, who can reverse it?"Isaiah 43:13

No comments:

Post a Comment