Monday 4 June 2012

Fearfully and wonderfully made!


 
I can’t help but want to beat myself up for how I tried so much in the past to keep relationships! But thank God, God has given me a new identity and a new meaning to life! Most women run after men, cry after them, bow down before them! They do whatever it takes to keep them and to always have them by their side! I find that really unnecessary now because a man is just a man! He cannot fill the empty spaces in your heart, he cannot change the situations of your past and he certainly cannot be what you want him to be! A little god who full fills your void and emptiness! A little god who can change your past hurtful relationships into a fairy tale! When you look to a relationship with a guy to make you happy, you are setting yourself up for disappointment and potentially for disaster.
Ladies you are loved and valued greatly by Jesus! He did not create you to pursue men, but you to be pursued by them! You are a woman of substance, a woman of integrity! A woman of God who deserves all the love in the world! We get into relationships and rush into marriages because we expect to find contentment and happiness! A man becomes an idol in your life when you treat him like a god, like you have no life without him! He is just a man who is also in need of God’s love! I think women depress themselves unnecessarily by investing so much in relationships! You do not need a man who mistreats you, who cheats on you, who makes you feel insignificant! You do not have to settle for less! That's where the importance of waiting comes in! If you wait on God's timing surely He will bring good things along your way!

I have seen how trusting and hoping in God can change one's life around! When guys didn’t want me in the past it left me feeling ugly, fat, depressed and wanting to die! Why don’t they want me! What is wrong with me! Some guys will even judge your physical characteristics! You are too short for them! You are too dark for them! Your fingers are too small for them! And any other feature that God beautifully created you by! There was a point in my life where I thought that nothing can change the views I have on myself and that was simply based on the opinions of some of the guys I dated! I thought God's word cannot even change how I felt about myself but I was wrong! God’s word is like a beautiful love letter to me! It’s so sweet like honey or the birds that sing early in the morning! Psalm 139 verse 13 and 14 says, 

"For you created my inmost being;
    You knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    Your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well."

God took His time when He formed you! He took his time and utilized the best resources that He had to make you what you are today! The problem that arises is the fact that we engage in sexual activity and form a strong bond with our sexual partners! Like it or not, you are emotionally and spiritually attached to the people you sleep with! When that bond has formed, they have the power to control your emotions and your actions! They have the power to make you feel worthless and insignificant. You may be the most beautiful woman on earth and yet still feeling unappreciated simply because most guys assume that love is all about the physical appearance! When you portray yourself inappropriately, i.e.: posting pictures that reveal your breasts and other private parts, sending dirty texts and etc., then they are bound to be attracted to your physical appearance! They will later on realise that they were not in love with you but what you had to offer them sexually which eventually leads to them mistreating you!

You are not a sex object but a beautiful vessel of honour created by God! No money, no food, no alcohol, no cell phone, can buy your worth! The great news is that you no longer have to be spiritually attached to any man; Jesus came to set you free! See yourself though a different eye, the eyes of Jesus!
"You shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them" (Ex. 20:3–5).

Here’s something interesting that I read from a certain blog! Reasons why this woman won’t pursue a guy!
“Just as God wired us women to want to be pursued, God wired men to want to pursue!

  • "I'm not actually waiting on a man to pursue me, I'm waiting on God to "gift me" to him!
  • I want a man to prove through his pursuit that he is a man who will lead and love me well after marriage, which will make it much easier to submit to him then.
  • I am already loved completely, passionately, and unconditionally by the greatest Man who ever lived! 
  • I don't know what is best for me, only God does.
  • God has nothing but good in store for those who wait on Him.
  • Marriage won't secure my happiness. In fact, marriage isn't even about me!
  • I want a God story.
  •  I need this "trust-test" in order for my faith and trust in God to grow.”

Oh heavenly Father, thank you that you have created me so wonderfully in your image! Thank you for the wonderful blessings that are coming my way! I love you my King! amen!



No comments:

Post a Comment