Thursday 7 June 2012

Exercise your faith! Stand on God's word!

As Christians, everyday we grapple the load of temptation that we face! Yesterday I had to battle with my mind because alluring sexual thoughts kept re-occurring as I carried out my daily activities! I'd find myself helplessly enjoying them but later on snapping out of it! I'm on a mission and my mission is to obey God while I walk in His plan! The moment an evil or tempting thought comes to your mind, remind yourself that you are walking in God's plan which requires obedience and self-control! You are not only trying to live a temporary righteous life, but a life of honoring God with everything that you are! I'm sure you have heard this so many times and it is true, your thoughts define who you are. Thinking it will lead you to speaking it and then eventually acting on it! Your mind is the Devils target that is why we have to fill it with God's word and promises! Philippians 4 verse 8 says,  "Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things"

God gave me a perfect example of what trusting in His word does! Small yet so powerfully miraculous!  I was hurrying to the car where my mum was waiting for me. While trying to lock the butler door, I somehow inserted the key in which it got stuck! When I asked my mum to come help me take it out she was so defeated! She kept saying this is never going to come out, we are sleeping with the key outside today! Only your dad is able to take it out, sometimes I have to call him from work for him to come and help me! When I heard my mum saying that I chose not to believe what she said! I said God, Mathew 17 verse 20 says, ." Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” God I know this is just a butler door but right now it is my mountain, I have the faith that this key will come out in the name of Jesus! My mum was still being negative asking me why I did what I did, she shouldn't have asked me to lock! And I was getting discouraged because she's older than me, surely her words are more powerful than mine? Wrong! Words are powerful but the Word of God is even more powerful! I spoke aloud to the key in the butler, In Jesus's name , I command you key to come out now! I said it a couple of times even though my mum kept being negative saying the key wont come out! But i stood on God's word and said you said in your word that if I have faith as small as a mustard seed...
I'm sure you know the results already, the key eventually came out and we didn't have to wait for my dad to come from where he was(60KM drive) to come and take out the key!


This is how it works with our thoughts and our faith. I know that I am delivered, forgiven and no longer one with the guys I used to be with! But that doesn't stop Satan from trying to keep me off track and reminding me of my past! I choose whether I will listen to him or rather listen to God's word, stand on it, and trust in it's power to change my mind! Just like the key in the butler door, I have to constantly command my mind to work in line with God's plan and purpose! It doesn't matter how long it takes, obedience and self-control is required! I have the victory to overcome temptation, be it in my thoughts, words or deeds! 2Corinthians 10 verse 4-6 says," The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. And we will be ready to punish every act of disobedience, once your obedience is complete. 

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH GOD!!

Loving Jesus, thank you for the authority You have given me by your word! I will trust and walk in obedience while I wait on you! Thank You for your beautiful Word that renews my mind and refreshes my spirit! I love you King Jesus! Amen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment