Tuesday 1 May 2012

Show me a clearer picture!

I am so glad, God always confirms my uncertainties. The whole of last week I was in deep thoughts. I wondered if I'm really sure that I want to follow God's plan and leave out the things of the world. Honesty is the best policy, so I was really open with my Jesus asking so many questions. There are certain things that I am not going to do anymore, and I'm not really sure why I should stop doing them or if I really want to stop doing them. Non-believers will think of IT as being bound in a cage, and at some point I also thought the same thing. Without allowing the Devil to fill em with his lies I then said to God, please Father, show me a clearer picture. Tell me why I'm living the way I'm living right now. Please explain why I have to leave certain things and follow you.

Firstly I know that God gave me a choice between life and death, between blessings and cursing. I know that God doesn't force me to follow Him but He advices me to choose life. I know that God has a plan for me, but he doesn't impose His wonderful plan on me. He is a Just God who is always ready to listen to what I decide on. When I followed Jesus I did it out of my own free will. The bible says that the road to hell is wide but the road to have is narrow. I understand that it is not easy. Jesus carried His cross, it was not easy. Jesus got tempted, it was not easy. If I were Jesus, I'd wonder why am I doing this? Why did I choose to do this? Why cant I just live and leave everything as it is? But Jesus did not give up because He had a clear picture of the end.

When we accept Jesus in our lives, we are going into a new era, a completely different world. We are saying to God, I die, you live through me. We are saying to Him, you increase and I decrease. We are saying to him, whatever it is that you have written about me, Author and Finisher of my Faith, let it be done. We are giving God the platform to perform His miracles in our lives. We are giving him the power to shower us with His blessings. We are choosing a blessed life now on earth and later in heaven. Holy Spirit explained, It's like you are God's little princess. You are living on earth but it is a fairytale. Even in your struggles you wont be shaken because you know that God is doing something for you which will bring Him glory. It is believing and trusting God without a shadow of doubt that He lives and He is watching you every moment of each day.

Okay...I thought, in that case then I would gladly follow and obey. Because I am tired of living a life with no results. I am tired of singing the same song each day. Well I am tired of living in sin and fear of what might happen to me tomorrow. I'd rather live my life believing in God whom I have seen working mysteriously in my life and other peoples lives around me, then not believing, and doing things my own way, which results in failure.

Last Sunday at church, the guest speaker talked about 3 things we need to do in order for us to understand Gos purpose. One of them was to 'SEE'. To see what God has prepared for you! To see why it is important to follow Him. To open your spiritual eyes and see why you have been chosen to represent His kingdom! It was quite a  confirmation for me.

God is good and He has great things in store for YOU!

My Lord, God, I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think that I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you. and I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire. And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road though I may know nothing about it. Therefore will I trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils alone.
-Thomas Merton

No comments:

Post a Comment