Tuesday, 22 May 2012

God Chose You At The Right Time!

"I see now you are a serious Christian." A friend said to me. I said yes, I am. "So this means you are not going to do certain things anymore right?" Yes, I'm not. "We'll see", he said. At that instant I got so furious!  He did not trust that I have the strength to hold on to this cross, so I will show him! I will prove to him who I am! He doesn’t know me! I will never fall again!
The common mistake most Christians make. I, I, I! We want to do things in our own strength. Yes there might be some things we can do on our own, but walking in God's master plan is something that we will not survive in our own strength. Being called by God is divine! It's not like a game of dice, or a horoscope prediction or magic, but it is a life style you are going to live for the rest of your life! Jesus is serious about you! Your life is so valuable, it is being fought for. Satan knows that already Jesus defeated him, but for some reason, he still wants to lead children of God to a life filled with adversity and eternal destruction. When God calls you, He reveals the truth to you and gives you a choice: To either continue living a sinful lifestyle or to now operate in the spirit.
 Ephesians 6 says,
 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.”

When God chooses you, He doesn’t give you a chance to say goodbye to the world! Perhaps that last chance was going to kill you? Jesus comes at the right time, and when you accept his call, you are basically doing yourself a great favour! Accepting Jesus' call might be hard in the beginning, but as you seek him daily, it becomes easier because the Holy Spirit teaches you how to live according to His plan. Prayer becomes a lifestyle and you'll find that you no longer give in into temptation because Jesus came at the right time for you and He has given you strength to overcome the world! You cannot do anything in your own strength, but you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment